Wisconsin Interoperability Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyMilton

That all depends on which area of the state you visit. WISCOM would be a great start and go from there.

ts442k9

Premium Subscriber
Most commonly you'll hear FG Red, IFERN, FG Blue, and FG White. In that order. Unless it's a major event, meaning more than 25 departments, LEO generally stays on their local frequencies. For example when they had the riots or protests in Madison a couple of weeks ago there we about 20 different departments that came to help out. They were all issued MPD radios to use so they could remain on their local frequencies. As far as the WISCOM system goes, you can put the state tac and call TG's in but unless the area is a heavy WISCOM user, and there's a major event. you won't hear much.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Most commonly you'll hear FG Red, IFERN, FG Blue, and FG White. In that order. Unless it's a major event, meaning more than 25 departments, LEO generally stays on their local frequencies. For example when they had the riots or protests in Madison a couple of weeks ago there we about 20 different departments that came to help out. They were all issued MPD radios to use so they could remain on their local frequencies. As far as the WISCOM system goes, you can put the state tac and call TG's in but unless the area is a heavy WISCOM user, and there's a major event. you won't hear much.

Thank you for the reply. I don't think I heard WISPERN, now know as V LAW 31, used much. Once in a while I would hear the MARC 151.280 in use.

If there is a police pursuit, do agencies still remain on their main dispatch channels, too?

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
In SE Wisconsin, IFERN is used heavily for fire incidents. WISCOM RCALL21SE is monitored by every PSAP in the region but usage is usually just the weekly roll call.

In the Milwaukee area - OALAWCALL and OACHASE are used extensively. FG RED 153.830 and 851.450 are used by most FDs for fireground operations and frequently cross patched on scene. MCFIRECALL and WCFIRECALL are used extensively for Shared Services (mutual aid requests). The OAGTAC channels see a lot of use when there are wide area incidents or events. In the past, OACHASE and 155.475 would be patched, but now that OACHASE is also connected via ISSI to WISCOM, that practice seems to have stopped.

North of Milwaukee, POINT 155.370 is used extensively for LE PSAP to PSAP.

ts442k9

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I don't think I heard WISPERN, now know as V LAW 31, used much. Once in a while I would hear the MARC 151.280 in use.

If there is a police pursuit, do agencies still remain on their main dispatch channels, too?
The MARC2 channel is used in the western side of the state to communicate with medical helicopters.
Last time I was involved in a pursuit we stayed on our local channels until the vehicle got on the interstate, then WSP took over and used their channel. We communicated with them over our channel. Most of the time, a chase will end before it goes too far. It's not like you see in CA where the chase will last for hours. Most of the time it's called off within the first 5-10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.