Wisconsin State Fair

CrabbyMilton

There are many PD comms on 852.0125. Not sure if it’s a link to parks LTR system but it’s certainly worth monitoring it.

CrabbyMilton

Yeah unless there are special events in the expo building of other building, racing events you won't hear very much on the LTR system let alone 8TAC92. They may even shut most of the repeaters down. Not sure if they keep a patch from the West Allis PD and FD up the rest of the year.

joehoose2700

Yeah unless there are special events in the expo building of other building, racing events you won't hear very much on the LTR system let alone 8TAC92. They may even shut most of the repeaters down. Not sure if they keep a patch from the West Allis PD and FD up the rest of the year.

They have kept the WAPD patch up in the past but I haven't checked after the fair yet except for a day or two after the event when it appeared the patch was down. May have been a mistake, though. WAFD does not have a working patch at the fair, at least for the last several years (even though one exists in the TG list on the database). During the fair they used an OAGTAC channel to talk between State Fair dispatch and Fire Command.

CrabbyMilton

Yes and thanks for that. I did hear the "Sheriff F2" being patched just about 3 days ago or so. I usually turn off/lockout the State Fair system after the fair but may turn it on if there are special events taking place. I heard some speculative talk that they were gonna join WISCOM but as long as their LTR system works for them why bother.

joehoose2700

If I had to guess, they won't be switching to WISCOM. I have a friend who works full time at the fair and he said they just purchased a ton of brand new Kenwoods in the 400-range. So, at least for regular fair ops they're likely staying with the LTR. I guess it's possible they could switch the PD radios to WISCOM but I would guess not?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
The Park is migrating to a new internal radio system soon, but they do have WISCOM capability on some radios for interop if they need it.

prowisscan

4K00F1E Nexedge narrow emission now on their license which was updated yesterday.
I am hearing an active control channel on 453.7875. I don't have a radio that can decode NXDN transmissions, but it may be that State Fair is making the transition to their new system. I am still monitoring activity in the LTR analog mode with the WAPD patch.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I believe the system came alive Monday. The system ID is '533' with a RAN of 1. So far the following have been control channels.

(LCN 097) 453.6125 Monday's CC
(LCN 101) 453.6375 Tuesday's CC
(LCN 125) 453.7875 Today's CC

I have been running DSDPlus since I heard the system online Monday morning and there has been absolutely no traffic on it. Not even radio ID registrations.

Tim

prowisscan

Hearing 453.6125 as the CC today. I'm not sure when the next weekend event is occurring at the state fair, but it will be interesting to see what happens on either the old or new system. I am still able to monitor the WAPD and MC All Call patches on the analog system today.

Tim

Feed Provider
They are still using their LTR system for all ops, yet. I am guessing they either don't have the NXDN radios yet or haven't upgraded their current Kenwood radios to NXDN. There were no radio affiliations at all while monitoring the system for 3 days with DSDPlus.

Generally, I think they have at least one event going each weekend.

Tim

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
They also added a second site, also on the State Fair Grounds, with it's own batch of frequencies:

The frequencies for the second site appear to only have emission designators for NXDN.