Wise County to use Fort Worth's P25 Master Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
From an upcoming Fort Worth City Council agenda.

"DISCUSSION: The City of Fort Worth (City) maintains Agreements to provide access to its two-way radio systems by other public safety agencies in North Central Texas. In return for this access, external agencies help offset the City's expenses through the payment of annual fees. In addition, access to the Fort Worth Public Safety Radio System by multiple jurisdictions enhances the ability of first responders to communicate with one another when responding to incidents.

In October 2019, Wise County (County) approved a Communications System Agreement to use a portion of the City's digital Public Safety Radio System. The County will provide its own radios, radio towers and infrastructure required to provide coverage for the County, but will utilize the City's P25 radio master switch or core, to run its system. The addition of the County will require no change or expansion to the City's radio system.

To ensure the software and hardware levels of the radio systems remain current and under support, the City utilizes a Motorola System Upgrade Agreement that encompasses all external agencies which connect to the City's P25 master switch. The use of a single System Upgrade Agreement to cover all users results in a 14 percent discount in the cost for all agencies, including the City. The Communications System Agreement with Wise County allows the City to invoice the County for its share of the Motorola System Upgrade Agreement as well as the County’s annual subscriber fee. The annual charges to be invoiced to Wise County is estimated to be $35,752.00. "

Attachments

• MC 20-0002 (2).pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 50

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I only know what I posted above. My guess is that they'll be added to the system as their own site, and use their existing VHF channels. I imagine the IO channels would gain some reach, but I doubt the Fort Worth layers would normally carry the routine traffic for Wise county.

I'd be happy to hear more info from anyone who might have some more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.