Wish list, all in one spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Ok, the wish list for things to be added or in the next gen scanner. This thread should not be used to complain about other models or what was promised.

So be respectful, and let the manufactures know what you want.

Be realistic, DC to light, full decoding of all signals, including encrypted, in a portable that lasts 365 days on a single charge while maintaining 110% performance, which can be recharged in a day on a foggy day via built in solar 1 cm panel.
Again be realistic.

My wish list, not in order;
1. Yes, Digital, P25 I and II, DMR, EDACS (not a big thing for me), NXDN. Fusion, IDAC, etc. Yes all the popular digital modes
2. CTCCS/DSC decoding
3. Ability to import/input a repeaters input of a repeater. (So when you want to listen to the input, you can with a simple button push, not just Ham)
4. MDC decoding , Meaning at a minimum the Unit ID, and emergency (Man down) decoding.
5. Full Wifi support, including via wifi, programming, Meta-data, Audio, etc.
6. Dual VFO, which allows FTO, while scanning. IE it scans channels (Freqs, while receiving a limited FTO freqs looking for a tone or WX alert tone). Allows for the scanner to function normally while “monitoring” for certain tones and then alerts.
7. DB download weekly
8. Include a GPS puck, built in as part of the unit. We aren’t asking for 3” accuracy.
9. Big wish, that if I have several of the same scanner, with proper settings, they would communicate to avoid duplication of the received signal. IE Scanner A. receives a signal on a programmed channel, Scanner B ignores that signal and continues scanning.
10. Better decoding which does not really need to have Threshold adjusted manually.
11. Simulcast problems fixed, LSM.
12. Honestly, recording on the SD card isn’t that important to me, but may be to others.
13. Loss of power SD card issues. Need I say more?
14. Ability to remotely log in to your scanner and change everything, not just on your own network.
15. Realize ”I” products (Apple) shouldn’t get the treatment they have gotten. Release Apple apps, Android, and Win all at the same time.
16. Buying a flagship scanner, should receive all updates, free, including additional functionality. A flagship is by its name should be top of the line till replaced, which should take a few years.
What would you add?

n1das

Ok, the wish list for things to be added or in the next gen scanner. This thread should not be used to complain about other models or what was promised.

So be respectful, and let the manufactures know what you want.

Be realistic, DC to light, full decoding of all signals, including encrypted, in a portable that lasts 365 days on a single charge while maintaining 110% performance, which can be recharged in a day on a foggy day via built in solar 1 cm panel.
Again be realistic.

My wish list, not in order;
1.Yes, Digital, P25 I and II, DMR, EDACS (not a big thing for me), NXDN. Fusion, IDAC, etc. Yes all the popular digital modes
2.CTCCS/DSC decoding
3.Ability to import/input a repeaters input of a repeater. (So when you want to listen to the input, you can with a simple button push, not just Ham)
4.MDC decoding , Meaning at a minimum the Unit ID, and emergency (Man down) decoding.
5.Full Wifi support, including via wifi, programming, Meta-data, Audio, etc.
6.Dual VFO, which allows FTO, while scanning. IE it scans channels (Freqs, while receiving a limited FTO freqs looking for a tone or WX alert tone). Allows for the scanner to function normally while “monitoring” for certain tones and then alerts.
7.DB download weekly
8.Include a GPS puck, built in as part of the unit. We aren’t asking for 3” accuracy.
9.Big wish, that if I have several of the same scanner, with proper settings, they would communicate to avoid duplication of the received signal. IE Scanner A. receives a signal on a programmed channel, Scanner B ignores that signal and continues scanning.
10.Better decoding which does not really need to have Threshold adjusted manually.
11.Simulcast problems fixed, LSM.
12.Honestly, recording on the SD card isn’t that important to me, but may be to others.
13.Loss of power SD card issues. Need I say more?
14.Ability to remotely log in to your scanner and change everything, not just on your own network.
15.Realize ”I” products (Apple) shouldn’t get the treatment they have gotten. Release Apple apps, Android, and Win all at the same time.
16.Buying a flagship scanner, should receive all updates, free, including additional functionality. A flagship is by its name should be top of the line till replaced, which should take a few years.
What would you add?
ADD: Optimized squelch hysteresis at the threshold like how a good commercial radio designed instead of always being cursed with way too much hysteresis (6 dB). The scanner manufacturers keep striking out in this area, forcing me to modify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.