Wittmann FD now fully a part of North County FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

As of Thursday afternoon, the Wittmann Fire District was administratively and operationally absorbed by the North County Fire and Medical District, and is now live with the Phoenix Regional Dispatch Center.

Former fire station 761, is now fire station 106, with an engine, brush truck, water tender and medic unit.

https://m.facebook.com/PFDRDC/photo...8371301425/1686052098080041/?type=3&source=48

-----

Wittmann had been assigned apparatus numbering 761-764. Circle City-Morristown has apparatus numbering 765-769. Now that 761-764 has become available, I wonder if Circle City-Morristown will re-number their apparatus?

John
Peoria

That is the best thing that could have happened to Wittman. Get rid of the chief that they had, or put him in a non critical administrative role.

WIS262

As of Thursday afternoon, the Wittmann Fire District was administratively and operationally absorbed by the North County Fire and Medical District, and is now live with the Phoenix Regional Dispatch Center.

Former fire station 761, is now fire station 106, with an engine, brush truck, water tender and medic unit.

https://m.facebook.com/PFDRDC/photo...8371301425/1686052098080041/?type=3&source=48

-----

Wittmann had been assigned apparatus numbering 761-764. Circle City-Morristown has apparatus numbering 765-769. Now that 761-764 has become available, I wonder if Circle City-Morristown will re-number their apparatus?

John
Peoria

The Toyota Proving grounds has a 24/7 fire department with an engine, ambulance, and a few brush trucks. There are talks of assigning them regional numbers since they can respond as mutual aid on the west end of Wittman. Perhaps they'll get the numbers or a whole reassignment on the north west area fire departments.

KB7MIB

I didn't know the proving ground had their own FD. Their radio system isn't in the DB.
And there's at least one other proving grounds in Wittmann as well.

I hope there isn't too much of a reassignment of department numbering. I don't want to have to relearn them all lol

John
Peoria

WIS262

I didn't know the proving ground had their own FD. Their radio system isn't in the DB.
And there's at least one other proving grounds in Wittmann as well.

I hope there isn't too much of a reassignment of department numbering. I don't want to have to relearn them all lol

John
Peoria

This was news to me too.

I highly doubt a reassignment of department numbering. If anything I bet, as you suggested, Circle City Morristown taking the entire 761-769 range.

I'm not sure on their radios. PFDRDC just built CAD IDs as TOYF & TOYA to represent their Fire & Ambulance units.

DanRollman

Database Admin

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPFE356
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPPX873

Looks like they are licensed for one 800 MHz repeater and three 460 MHz repeaters. The 460 MHz repeaters are authorized for analog or DMR. I would not be surprised if they are running a Motorola MotoTRBO Capacity+ trunked system on those three 460 MHz repeaters.

Raytheon, which had their own on-plant FD for a couple decades until Tucson Fire recently took it over (now TFD E23 at Raytheon), operated on the Raytheon MotoTRBO Capacity+ trunked system.

It is generally more efficient for private industrial fire departments to operate on the business radio system used by their plant. Quicker dispatches via plant security, easier to coordinate with other company members, etc. Of course, it is good for them to have access to the broader regional public safety radio systems in the area when they need it.

Dan

KB7MIB

They also have a VHF channel, albeit simplex, and a couple of other UHF channels.

Thanks.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.