• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

WLN KD-C10 will not program

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a new (as in new from 2021) WLN KD-C10 that will not be recognized by CHIRP or any other programming software. Cable is good, it works on several other radios, com ports appear to be correct (again works fine on other radios on two different computers) but nothing will read from this radio even though I can find countless "how to" videos and forum posts across the internet.

As of yet I haven't even found any reference to programming a C-10 but everybody claims it's easily done using CHIRP or Zastone and calling it a "C-1" or "Retevis RT-22". None of this works. I've spent weeks searching for information about this and nothing has helped.

Wasted money, wasted time?

outhouse88

I have a set of WLN radios that I also could not get to work with CHIRP. I used the manufacturer’s software using a link from this thread. Good luck.

Nope, I tried everything in that thread and more. I was wondering if they've changed the firmware or something on my newest model. I can use my cable and Chirp or other software to program a TYT and a Baofeng just fine on both a Windows and a Linux laptop so I doubt the problem is with my stuff. It might just be a duff radio. It seems to work on the bands it came with but if I can't program it then I don't have any use for it.

Using a frequenct meter (IBQ-101 which isn't EXACTLY accurate but close enough) it has the following frequencies:

1- 452.875
2- 454.325
3- 454.625
4- 455.125
5- 455.425
6- 455.575
7- 455.625
8- 400.250
9- 469.985
10- 450.125
11- 450.876
12- 451.326