WMFR and Lakewood PD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellvideo

West Metro Fire Rescue Problem/Lakewood PD.

I receive TG 37724 which according to RR is Lakewood PD dispatch and it sounds like it is. It is not even programmed into my RS PRO-2096 scanner using WIN96 software. I have all 8 of the CC’s programmed for both Green Mtn and Mt. Morrison. Can anyone help me eliminate this Lakewood PD channel without affecting reception of WMFR. I want to monitor WMFR only and not Lakewood PD. Is it just growing pains?

Regards….wellvideo

Attachments

• win500 example.jpg
    win500 example.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 414

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Since we can not see all of the TG's you have listed in that bank, my guess is that it is somewhere in group 1-4. Also, if a TG comes up and you wish to not monitor it, just press the L/O button.

On another note, I would seperate the DTRS from the Lakewood system, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

wellvideo

WMFR and Lakewood PD Problem

Thank you rckydenver and Erik for the replys. I do have it programmed in the CLOSED position. Should I toggle it anyway?
I thought I might try Erik's suggestion and move the DTRS to an other bank. I've attached the bottom of the bank for furture anaylisis......

Thanks guys, I'll keep working on it.

Regards.....wellvideo

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 350

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Keep it closed! The picture still doesn't help us see what is in the other groups for that bank.

On the last picuture, if you look left of the talkgroup box, you will see 5 boxes that are checked, but to the left of the checkmarks, there are dots. If you click on each dot, you will see a new list of 29 TG's. I'm guessing that you have more TG's hidden in there.

Thayne

Do you realize the delays you have caused by having 3 trunked systems and many conventional freqs (with PL tones) in the same bank? I am sure your scanner is always busy making noise, but it must be hard to understand--:p

(I am not trying to be a smart Alec or Alexis)

nathancarlson

I would suggest taking advantage of the banks/scan lists and v-scanner folders so you can easily control what you are hearing. If you have stuff in there you don't need on the ready (like areas you don't frequently monitor) you can put them in the v-scanner and have it available to load at any time, without sacrificing your working memory with extra stuff. I have my main file in working memory, but if I am going to head to Denver or Cheyenne instead of my usual three counties I spend my time in, I will load the file with the areas I need into working memory. I just have to remember to take a list with me so I know what’s in each bank.

As far as control channels, it doesn't hurt when you start out to load up on the control channels, note which ones work for which areas, and then get rid of them and condense it down a lot. For Larimer County, I had twelve channels in there at first, and then after commuting for a week and watching what control channels were being used, I condensed them down to three. I actually made separate systems for Loveland and Ft Collins, since the Ft Collins CCs don't work very well down south. This sped up my scanner a lot! Had I not done this (had what seemed like extra control channels), I would not have seen that I needed certain CCs for Fort Collins PD, and others for Loveland. With the pro-96, you can easily lock out control channels that aren't necessary, but still have them just in case. A lot of times the county the site is located in doesn't matter as much as the terrain, so what seems like a more distant site will work well. For example, Bald North and Mount Thorodin don't look on the map like they would carry Longmont, but they do and this increases the range I can continue to monitor Longmont as I travel. I hope this helps! Just remember you can always find ways to improve your scanners! That’s pretty much what I do when I'm not working, at least :)

wellvideo

Thank you all for your replies:
abqscan; I have moved the dots and there are no additional TG/ID’s in any of the dots, only the original ones I programed in at the first dot.
Thayne; It really isn’t all that busy, so far as I know the only confusion factor I have is this new TG that I didn’t program in! I’m sure it might be better to thin things out a bit.
nathancarlson; I will certainly look into the v-scanner folders scenario. I’ve been thinking about it for some time now but rarely travel outside my immediate area. I find it easy to stick in another
program via the laptop. As for the control channels, it was suggested on this forum to leave them
all in due to the system being an Erickson system and not Motorola. So far WMFR seems to be using different CC’s almost every day.Thank you all, I’ll keep adjusting the banks/TG’s till I get it right!
Regards…Wellvideo

wellvideo

UPDATE/FYI:
I have created a new Bank (0) closed system for WMFR with TG’s using a “New Template”.
Checked the dots and there are no additional TG’s.
Bank 0 has only WMFR in it.
Did not include any DTRS or conventional listings.
Still receiving TG’s 37274 and now 37725?
Have pushed the lockout button when they come up (MOT: 37274) and still receive TG’s that aren’t programmed!

Regards…..wellvideo

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 284

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Did you turn off all other banks and only have bank zero (0) on?

wellvideo

WOW! Thanks Erik.
I assume there is currently no fix? Obviousley, I have one of the problem radios (Pro 2096) don't know if my P96 has the same problem or not, it is older than the Pro 2096. This has occured as WMFR went to the P25 system. I'm a little surprised that there arn't more radios here in the metro area that have the same problem. I appreciate all of the information and will continue to wait for a fix while not holding my breath! I might try the work-around mentioned.

Regards....Wellvideo

Thayne

I re-programmed a 2096 for a guy in lakewood, It seems for his location Mt Morrison only seems better, I programmed it as p25 manual with all freqs in and it seems to be working flawlessly. It would not take 1 of the frequencies without rounding off until I did that, but I was in a hurry & don't remember which one--

wellvideo

WMFR and Lakewood PD Problem

Thank you for your replys.
I'm not sure what you mean by " p25 manual" ? Are you suggesting that it be programmed manually without using Win 96 software?. I can certainly remove Green Mtn CC's from the mix. And could it be that the radio you programmed isn't one of the effected radios. Is that radio used in a mobile or fixed base radio? If at a stationary location and it works, might be ok for mobile which is my case.I'll remove Grn Mtn and see what happens. Please see if you can determine which freq you rounded off. That might be the best option.

Regards.....wellvideo

rfburns

I haven't had to round off any freqs. in my 96's or 2096 (using Win96 V 1.71).

Status
Not open for further replies.