WN0EHE/R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray-D-O

I will be in Boulder , March 4-7 and I would like to check out my first amateur P25 repeater. I see the WN0EHE repeater is in the area. Is there much activity on it? Do you need a talkgroup programmed or just the 293 NAC? I will be using an APX. I already have it programmed with the digital mode and the analog mode with PL but I'm not bringing the programming computer with me. Any other good repeaters worth loading up? Thanks in advance for any input.

kc0kp

There really is not much activity on P25 on there. As a matter of fact I have never heard any. I can come up on there when you are out here.
Craig

Ray-D-O

Thanks Craig. I will give you a call on EHE. What are your recommended analog 2m repeaters for the area?

kc0kp

146.76 is the oldest one. Used to be on Lee Hill, now on Gunbarrel. 145.46 on Lee Hill owned by the Colorado Repeater Association. RMRL 449.825 covers Boulder and links back onto the 146.94 machine on Squaw Mountain with very wide coverage of Colorado.
I will have my portable on WN0EHE with a 293 NAC when you are here. I am curious to see how it works as well.
Craig

Denverpilot

RMRL's WN0EHE repeater was one of, if not the first P25 repeater in the area. It's dual-mode and digital is two radios, meaning receive converts to baseband audio and then back into a transmitter, so it's double-vocoded. Not perfect audio therefore, and not truly a "native" digital repeater, but it works. The CWID sounds funky through the vocoder. ;-) Can't think of anything else to mention about it. Info on it should be at www.rmrl.org.

Ray-D-O

travel plans cancelled

I got stuck in my neighborhood due to ice on the roads so I never made it to the meeting that I was supposed to attend in Boulder. Thanks Craig and Denver pilot for the info. I hope to be there again some day.

kc0kp

I got stuck in my neighborhood due to ice on the roads so I never made it to the meeting that I was supposed to attend in Boulder. Thanks Craig and Denver pilot for the info. I hope to be there again some day.

OK. Never heard P25 on there this week but I have not been sleeping next to the wadio either.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Added to the DB today under Boulder County

Status
Not open for further replies.