Wolfwatchers in Yellowstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have had several callers looking for the freqs used by the "Wolfwatchers" in Yellowstone National Park. I do not see any listing for them.

Apparently they are a private organization so they are probably on a business freq. Any ideas?

ecps92

My guess if a group of them is out there, then FRS/GMRS or Amateur, if at all.

I have had several callers looking for the freqs used by the "Wolfwatchers" in Yellowstone National Park. I do not see any listing for them.

Apparently they are a private organization so they are probably on a business freq. Any ideas?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had looked in the database, not the Wiki. These really should be listed in the DB.

Thanks Kenny!

ecps92

True, but if no one has actually heard them, then it doesn't meet the criteria [which I agree with] and why there were so many Wiki articles built based on ICS 205 and IAP info for the USFS, but unless someone actually heard it, then No it will not be in the RRDB

205/IAP and misc stuff in the wiki moving to the RRDB is equivalent of an FCC dump

I had looked in the database, not the Wiki. These really should be listed in the DB.

Thanks Kenny!

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The "watchers" these days are environmental groups or anti-wolf groups, using GMRS etc, but has pretty much fallen off since they are there to stay.

shglad

Premium Subscriber
The "wolf watchers" are very much still active. Their primary frequency is 464.5000. The Park is currently closed to the public.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The "wolf watchers" are very much still active. Their primary frequency is 464.5000. The Park is currently closed to the public.
I have heard that from a couple other sources as well. From what I have seen they are an semi-organized group that includes current and former NPS personnel and non-gov people with the common interest. Some of the wolves are tagged and others are recognized otherwise.

The last time I was at YNP I met with some wildlife watchers with spotting scopes but that group did not have radios. They were watching dens of prairie dogs and other smaller critters. My guess is that you have to get further off the trails for good wolf watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.