Woman Calls Orem Police To Free Her From Her Locked Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

trace1

Automatic car features are supposed to make life easier for motorists, but they may be leaving some people without the know-how to do things the old-fashioned way. That’s what happened to a driver in Utah County who became trapped inside her own car.

A woman called Orem police Friday afternoon needing help because her battery died and she was locked inside her car.

When police arrived, they found the woman sitting in the car, unable to get herself out. She couldn’t hear the officers instructions through the rolled-up windows so she motioned to them to call her on her cell phone, according to police.

Once officers were able to talk to the woman on the phone, they were able to tell her how to manually operate the slide lock mechanism on the inside door panel to open the door and free herself.

“I'm just glad she had a cell phone to call for help,” an officer said.
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=89d59491-3910-45c2-9643-3a2fd9347606

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
guess she didnt want to do any manual labour..
you know yoru spoiled when the only way u know how to unlock a door is with the remote

Shortwavewave

I know thats so funny!!

allthough I am getting tired of these automated fetures, like automatic lights and the air comes on when I dont want it on! and theres no way to turn off the auto feture

and so what if theres no damn washer fluid in my car just let me drive the damn thing!

SLWilson

Hmm...

Shortwavewave said:
I know thats so funny!!

allthough I am getting tired of these automated fetures, like automatic lights and the air comes on when I dont want it on! and theres no way to turn off the auto feture

and so what if theres no damn washer fluid in my car just let me drive the damn thing!
On my '04 Tahoe, I can adjust the auto features such as the lights, AC, mirrors, seats etc to do "several" different things.

Are ya SURE you can't fix yours?

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

Shortwavewave

SLWilson said:
On my '04 Tahoe, I can adjust the auto features such as the lights, AC, mirrors, seats etc to do "several" different things.

Are ya SURE you can't fix yours?
I have a 08 Pontiac Gran Prix, Ive Tried to mess with the auto, and settings on the computer but no luck, the air kicks on when you acclerate to a certian RPM..., and you cant use the damn computer when you are out of washer fluid or are low on fuel....

Im thinking about trading it in

Last edited:

MaxMan1986

She couldn't figure out how to use the manual lock lever? Goodness gracious. If anything, I think it's actually easier to use the manual mechanism instead of the power lock button. Several years ago, I witnessed a toddler accidentally lock himself in a car with the keys inside. Several people tried to coach him through pressing the power lock button to unlock the doors but he couldn't figure it out. After several minutes of this, I pointed to the manual lock lever and told him to pull it upwards. He was able to do it in about 2 seconds. Why a grown woman can't figure it out is beyond me. I can understand that maybe she freaked out and wasn't thinking clearly, but I still think most people have enough sense to eventually realize on their own that they can unlock the door manually.

Last edited:

misbhavin

I've got two questions. How did she pass her driver's test? Is she suffering from some mental illness like Alzheimer's?

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Do driver's tests commonly ask about manual unlocking mechanisms?

dangitdoug

I would have charged her for providing the technical expertise required to bypass the automated system. Then I would have offered to top off her headlight fluid. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.