Wondering about any upcoming 2014 Black Friday deals for BCD996XT or BCD536HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

I am looking strongly & have finally convinced myself that I need to get away from the analog only scanners such as my current Uniden BCT15X due to Project 25 encryption & lots of public safety communications in my state & county that have switched to digital only communications making me hear less & less but more & more static unclear frequencies as well as annoying digital encryption sounds/tones on my analog only scanner. I have been looking since January, 2014 to buy a Uniden digital scanner such as the BCD996XT or the newest BCD536HP but did not & still haven't. I don't like the high prices on them these days even for as bad as I am wanting & needing one of them to help me keep up with not all but allot of my public safety radio communications that are near or around where I live. I used to hear & pick most of them up for years on analog only scanners until the digital world of digital/encrypted radios & scanners came into the picture & then my luck started running out slowly & surely has now.

Therefore, I was just wondering if any of you know about any upcoming 2014 Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on the Uniden (BCD536HP) or the older Uniden (BCD996XT)? I am hoping for a big Black Friday or Cyber Monday 2014 deal to be run somewhere for one of the 2 Uniden digital scanners or both so that the prices does not make me fringe as bad when I do buy one of them. I have been putting off buying a digital public safety scanner for quite some time now due to being high priced but am awaiting this years Black Friday & Cyber Monday hoping to strike out with an awesome deal somewhere on one of the 2 models of Uniden digital scanners so that I can finally make myself upgrade from my analog only scanner to a Uniden digital scanner & can then say that I finally made the proper change & went digital for my sake.

AC2OY

If it's Uniden you want I'm sure they will eventually drop the prices. Did you check EBay sometimes people but twenty of one model and sell them cheaper. Nobody believes me that last February or March I paid $588.00 for my out of the brandy new 536!!�� did you check Amazon?

blono61704

Bearcat Warehouse has the 536 for $567.90 and no sales tax if your not in MD. Last week they had free shipping on the scanners but I called today to see what happened with the deal and they said they took it down for this week. I was going to order the 436 today for $469.90.

Hopefully next week the free shipping will be back.

CorwinScansNM

Amazon has a 536 new for $558.00

Yes, I am always watching Amazon.com for the Uniden BCD536HP & for them to drop their price on this item in a big way even if it happens to be a (too low of price error) accident on Amazon so that I can jump on the BCD536HP if it does in fact go more down in price than a whopping 500 + dollars which is still too much for me to want to pay for the BCD536HP that is still missing some of its advertised features that Uniden has not released yet along with reading on the web about some bugs still wrong with it & too buggy firmware updates from Uniden for it.

Therefore, is my point of making myself wait off on this until Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2014 to see if that is going to be the trick & my luck for purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP for under $500.00 & from a well trusted reliable reputable seller such as Amazon or Uniden.com & not on eBay if I can help it.

CorwinScansNM

Bearcat Warehouse has the 536 for $567.90 and no sales tax if your not in MD. Last week they had free shipping on the scanners but I called today to see what happened with the deal and they said they took it down for this week. I was going to order the 436 today for $469.90.

Hopefully next week the free shipping will be back.

Thanks for the info. I consider anything above 500 + dollars for the Uniden BCD536HP too high priced for me to invest in as for it is still missing some of its useful advertised features that Uniden has not released yet still along with reading on the web from many current owners of the new BCD536HP, about some bugs still wrong with it & buggy firmware updates from Uniden that don't quite fix the current bugs/problems that people are experiencing with the BCD536HP.

Therefore, is my point of making myself wait off on the Uniden digital scanner until Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2014 to see if that is going to be the trick & my luck for purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP for under $500.00 & from a well trusted reliable, reputable seller such as Amazon, Uniden, Scanner Master, etc. & not on eBay if I can help it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Therefore, I was just wondering if any of you know about any upcoming 2014 Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on the Uniden (BCD536HP) or the older Uniden (BCD996XT)?

This is a stupid question. Anyone who actually knows anything about upcoming sales isn't going to jeopardize their job by posting about it online. And anyone who does post info doesn't know anything more than you do. You'll have better luck getting info on next week's winning lottery numbers.

wa2sqq

Try this

Yes, I am always watching Amazon.com for the Uniden BCD536HP & for them to drop their price on this item in a big way even if it happens to be a (too low of price error) accident on Amazon ...

Go to amazon and look up the scanner (or any product you want), than copy the full URL
Go to Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. | camelcamelcamel.com
Paste the URL into that page and note the price you would like to pay.
They will notify you with every price change. You can also see the price history, and note the lowest it's ever been. I used this free service for many purchases. Convenient as long as you don't mind waiting a bit.

CorwinScansNM

Go to amazon and look up the scanner (or any product you want), then copy the full URL
Go to Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. | camelcamelcamel.com
Paste the URL into that page and note the price you would like to pay.
They will notify you with every price change. You can also see the price history, and note the lowest it's ever been. I used this free service for many purchases. Convenient as long as you don't mind waiting a bit.

Awesome idea there. Thank-you so much. I will give it a try & see where I get from there & more to know if the price drops to at least $499.000 on Amazon.com before or after the new year. I appreciate your generous idea here Wa2ssq.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Still a bit early to see the leaked circulars for Black Friday. A Google search will return several websites that post the leaked or released flyers long before they appear in a newspaper. Since scanners are not a mainstream item, you may not see them but I would look at anyone who has sold scanners in the past (Walmart, Radio Shack, etc)

chris

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
This is a stupid question. Anyone who actually knows anything about upcoming sales isn't going to jeopardize their job by posting about it online. And anyone who does post info doesn't know anything more than you do. You'll have better luck getting info on next week's winning lottery numbers.

Yeah, Black Friday sales are top secret. No one runs sales on that day. C'mon man!

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Something not really advertised by Amazon or widely known, but if you purchase an item from them, and within 7 days of delivery the price drops, email customer service and request a price adjustment.

They will happily credit you the difference.

Even though their policy is to do this only for items sold by Amazon, they have been known to do it as a courtesy for items sold by others, or fulfilled through Amazon.

Even if that does not happen, most of their sellers will grant you the adjustment also. You just have to ask.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
its called ebay or used.

I see what you did there! "Ebay or used."

Used on ebay means the seller wants like-new prices plus a ridiculous amount of shipping, forget about the fact that it may have a giant scratch under or on the front of it. I avoid ebay as if it were EVD when it comes to used electronics. The gear is probably fine but they know some moron will click the "buy-it-now" button so they do it.

com501

There is a website called BFAds dot net. Go there. Subscribe to the email alerts. Shop. Enjoy.

34 days until Black Friday

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
HRO has a nice black friday every year

I was being a bit sarcastic with my post to the other poster. You helped prove my point though. Everyone runs them and most will start advertising weeks ahead of time. So I feel the original poster question wasn't a stupid one as was pointed out by someone else. It is called smart shopping and trying to find a deal or deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.