Wondering how people made out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I think the lack of answers tells you what happens.

Anyone who thinks they are going to get a new scanner for $88.00 from an unknown website probably got exactly what they paid for. Nothing. If they had received a shiny new scanner fro $88.00 I'm sure we would have heard about it and people would have been lining up to buy them.

Too good to be true, usually is.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I never expected them to get a radio, I was more interested in how hard the process to recover the funds was, given the fact that it was an obvious scam.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I never expected them to get a radio, I was more interested in how hard the process to recover the funds was, given the fact that it was an obvious scam.

I suspect some may not want to admit they got ripped off. I was honestly kind of surprised that people not only fell for it, but posted about it.

I get it, I'd love to find a fancy scanner like that dirt cheap, but there's always that little alarm that goes off in my head when something seems too good to be true. So far that little alarm has got me pretty far in life. Question would be, how did they pay for it? There's some good reasons for using PayPal or a credit card. At least that way you've got someone to complain to.

But to be fair, that could happen to any of us.

bharvey2

I once had an opportunity on Amazon for a very good deal on a APCO P25 P2 capable trunking scanner. I don't remember the details. Pricing was better than I'd seen anywhere else but nothing like the deal mentioned above. I ended up receiving a marine band radio. I did send it back and was refunded for the purchase but I never did receive the scanner in question. I'm only guessing but, I suspect that whoever put the web ad together was cutting and pasting the wrong information. I'm sure I was lucky in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.