HP-1: Wont scan Favorites list

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiserfan

One more fricken this dam scanners pulls another BS trick i have a favorites list Fire have used numerous time haven't changed anything and today i get the all channels in range have been avoided which none have been no service tyep have been changed and the range is the same whats causes this piece of crap to keep doing things like this

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
What I think could have happened as it has happened to me is you hit the avoid button while holding on a system by accident. A small downside to a touchscreen.

Just read the scanner to the PC and see what your settings are and then change them back to how you like. Save the settings by selecting the save button after editing the FL and then write to scanner. When writing to scanner make sure to erase favorites list (Check box) and all should be good until you make changes to the scanner again.

kaiserfan

What I think could have happened as it has happened to me is you hit the avoid button while holding on a system by accident. A small downside to a touchscreen.

Just read the scanner to the PC and see what your settings are and then change them back to how you like. Save the settings by selecting the save button after editing the FL and then write to scanner. When writing to scanner make sure to erase favorites list (Check box) and all should be good until you make changes to the scanner again.

Another piece of bad information did what you said and it erased anything i had in all but 2 favorites lists

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Another piece of bad information did what you said and it erased anything i had in all but 2 favorites lists

Nothing in those instructions, if followed correctly, could have caused you to "erase" any favorites lists that you had already created.

kaiserfan

Nothing in those instructions, if followed correctly, could have caused you to "erase" any favorites lists that you had already created.

Don't tell me that i plugged scanner to PC and read from Scanner and it erased all but two lists there are a lott of things that aren't supposed to happen but do

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Don't tell me that i plugged scanner to PC and read from Scanner and it erased all but two lists there are a lott of things that aren't supposed to happen but do

OK.... good luck.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Well here is some more bad information for you.

Why not try and break it down for us on what you have done.

Give us IN DETAIL what you have done start to finish on programming the scanner. What kind of PC are you using. Those types of things help more than ranting about good information given to you by me.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Here's the thing - regardless of what it looks like happened, reading from the scanner cannot delete (erase) a file on the scanner. Period.

Do the following for us:

In Sentinel:
  • Go into the Profile editor (Ctrl+1), to the "Favorites Lists" tab, and tell us:
    - Exactly what each Favorites List you have is named.
    - Exactly what the settings are for each Favorites Lists, for the three settings "Monitor", "Download", and "Location Control".
  • In the "Location Settings" tab, tell us exactly what the values are in the "Current Location Settings" box in the upper left.

On your HomePatrol:
  • Click on "Menu", then "Manage Favorites Lists".
  • Select each Favorites List one at a time and do the following.
    - Tell us exactly what the "Use Location Control" line says.

When you read/wrote in Sentinel, tell us exactly, word-for-word, what you did. Example: "I clicked on HomePatrol>Write to HomePatrol, then checked the boxes for "Erase Favorites Lists on HomePatrol" and "Force Write Full Database", then clicked OK, and then the scanner did this..."

kaiserfan

Well here is some more bad information for you.

Why not try and break it down for us on what you have done.

Give us IN DETAIL what you have done start to finish on programming the scanner. What kind of PC are you using. Those types of things help more than ranting about good information given to you by me.

What i have done was i nherd a fire tone out on a favorites list i have another favorites list that only has fire channels on it i went to load that favorite which i used 3 days ago and i get the to many channels are avoided none of them are nothing was changed from 3 days ago

kaiserfan

Here's the thing - regardless of what it looks like happened, reading from the scanner cannot delete (erase) a file on the scanner. Period.

Do the following for us:

In Sentinel:
  • Go into the Profile editor (Ctrl+1), to the "Favorites Lists" tab, and tell us:
    - Exactly what each Favorites List you have is named.
    - Exactly what the settings are for each Favorites Lists, for the three settings "Monitor", "Download", and "Location Control".
  • In the "Location Settings" tab, tell us exactly what the values are in the "Current Location Settings" box in the upper left.

On your HomePatrol:
  • Click on "Menu", then "Manage Favorites Lists".
  • Select each Favorites List one at a time and do the following.
    - Tell us exactly what the "Use Location Control" line says.

When you read/wrote in Sentinel, tell us exactly, word-for-word, what you did. Example: "I clicked on HomePatrol>Write to HomePatrol, then checked the boxes for "Erase Favorites Lists on HomePatrol" and "Force Write Full Database", then clicked OK, and then the scanner did this..."

well you say it can't it did i pluged the scanner to HP1 read from scanner and they were gone

kaiserfan

Under Edit Profile each in Monitor Favorites list all favorites i have selected are on the one i haven't are off download is on and location is no but if i go to load some of the favorites on the HP i get the All Are Avioed or out of range and none are avoided or out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.