BCD436HP/BCD536HP: WOO HOO!! cases now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Still a small price to pay to add some sort of protection to a device that costs $500+.

Something is better than nothing.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master is expensive and I would never buy a radio from them.

However, they are apparently the only game in town currently for scanner cases, so they are entitled, to a degree, to make some profit on these items.

I've had their cases and plan to buy more. They are always of good quality, so even if a bit pricey, not too bad considering the protection a case will offer your scanner, some costing up to $500.00, as has been stated previously.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I have always found Scanner Master to be cheaper on some radios than other. They were the only ones who were able to deliver on the new Unidens and were honest about it when they said they had them. If you do find it somewhere cheaper they will price match. I will agree on some things they are rather pricey on but at that point you just have to weight your options.

Essexscan

Don't be afraid to get the Nylon cases for the 436HP or the HP-1. I already have the HP-1 nylon case for close to 2 years and a great deal at about $25. To me its better padded than a leather case and not slippery like Leather. I just bought the Nylon one for the 436 and it should be here by Fri so i'll see then if its the same type and quality as the HP-1 case.

I realize there is nothing like a Motorola or a Mil-Spec Eagle Industries case but for 25-35 bucks they are a good deal for a custom made case. I have Mil-spec gear to store them in for serious weather but these are IMO a good deal from scannermaster

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master--good Job!

I ordered the soft leather case from Scanner Master on Sunday, it was shipped Monday, and was supposed to be here today. Unfortunately, to save a few bucks, I selected the Post Office option rather than UPS or FED EX. This is always a mistake. Not coming today..according to their not-updated tracking site, it still is in Nashua, NH.

I know..***** *****, *****. The last thing I ordered shipped by the postal service came late also. Thats it..I will never use the post office for anything again.

On the other hand, Scanner Master was great, and I would buy from them again.

Greg

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
USPS has a really bad habit of not scanning packages. I have a good friend who is a supervisor for USPS and has told me it is an ongoing problem. So who knows, you might get lucky and it will show up. I have had that happen more times than not. My problems are with UPS.

Looking forward to a review on the soft leather case and how it fits.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks..but the postman has come and gone for today. Then, I tried to send them an email from their website, and 3 times it reset itself, so I gave up. I am really LIVID!

Never again shall I use USPS. I think FEDEX is the best deal for delivery, but I believe they are pricier as well.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I bought their soft leather case about 2 years or so ago for my PRO 106. It was nice and all still intact today, but I am not a real heavy user of it outside or on my belt.

Greg

rwier

Don't be afraid to get the Nylon cases for the ...... the HP-1. I already have the HP-1 nylon case for close to 2 years and a great deal at about $25. To me its better padded than a leather case and not slippery like Leather. .............,.

Does the Nylon case for the HP-1 have any method to attach Velcro to the back to allow sticking it to a vertical Velcro surface? Or, in other words, does Velcro sticky back stick to Nylon?

Thanks!

Essexscan

Does the Nylon case for the HP-1 have any method to attach Velcro to the back to allow sticking it to a vertical Velcro surface? Or, in other words, does Velcro sticky back stick to Nylon?

Thanks!

The type of nylon it is allows Velcro to cling to it but not stick to the point I would trust it. The Hp-1 case has an attached metal clip on the back for your belt on a panel that's riveted to the case. Maybe attach it with some Velcro straps around it but I hesitate attaching anything expensive to a vertical Velcro surface without some type of backup strap or cable

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
Case Arrived Today for my 436

Yes a little pricey but the hard leather case certainly will protect the scanner...sure the soft case for the PRO-106 did it's job until this one came out...it fits perfectly and you can get at the ports too...only negative is no hole for the LED....well a leather punch will fix that!

SCPD

QRT
Pictures

Yes a little pricey but the hard leather case certainly will protect the scanner...sure the soft case for the PRO-106 did it's job until this one came out...it fits perfectly and you can get at the ports too...only negative is no hole for the LED....well a leather punch will fix that!

Hey get some pictures up of that new case if ya can.
And a picture of the buggy car.

Status
Not open for further replies.