Wood Co SO Unlisted Freq

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Propagation has been superb this morning and I've been talking on 2 meters to stations as far away as Mississippi (from here in Fort Worth). I've been confirming a number ofVHF PS agencies across Texas also and got stumped by 154.965 D734. Besides this SO, I'm also receiving two other unlisted on RR stations (one with a PL of 127.3 and another uses 141.3). Eventually, I heard a unit call into Wood County and not too long afterwards I heard a DL return come back to a Canton resident. Since this one is not listed on RR, can anyone help confirm Wood County's use of the frequency and DCS? Thanks...

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Last edited:

Texoma24

Hey Brian

I saw this post several days ago and have been running search on two scanners logging the data and I'm not hearing anything close to your report. I am actually searching Wood, Rains, Van Zandt, Franklin and Titus as well. There are a few frequencies that catch bleed over from the Sheriff's channel that are close to the frequency you gave. The skip that night was intense, I was hearing Nacogdoches fire wiping out Fannin SO on 154.7250 NAC 293 from Denison. There is a 127.3 tone that comes back to Delta SO but its their back channel 153.7400 but I have yet to log any 141.3 tones except on Mineola and Winnsboro but those are really old. East Texas Police are really weird though they talk on frequencies that haven't seen licenses in years. 154.9650 could have been bleed over from 154.8725, 154.8775 and 154.9725 which are used in the area. I get bleed over on 155.4750 from DPS Sul-Springs almost constantly (155.4675). I'm defiantly keeping an ear on it and will let you know something soon. 90% of Wood County is P25 on the listed channel. So we got us a good ole East Texas Mystery! Get your coffee pots out while we hunt this varmint down!

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Texoma24 for the reply back. And I know what you mean about stations that are further off sometimes wiping out the ones that are closer. That was definitely happening for at least two or three days back when these great reception days were going on. It would take me a little time to go back and find it, but I know that I did record a lot of audio off of the frequency. I started wondering if it could even be somewhere in Oklahoma or Louisiana possibly and when I heard Wood County said I'm even wondering if maybe that was not actually what was said? It definitely sounded like it was that day but I've come across other experiences where what I thought was said wasn't exactly what it really was when I later was able to confirm who it was. I appreciate you checking it out also and helping out. I've been looking almost daily at the propagation map hoping we get another good day sometime soon. I know I did confirm Delta County also on a frequency a day later. I'm not where I can look at my list or look at the audio right now but maybe it could have been them?

I'll go back through the information I gathered and see if I can determine anything new that maybe I didn't notice or catch up the time. And I know what you mean also about how East Texas does what you were talking about at times. I've noticed the same exact thing when I thought somebody was on the ETMC TRS but as I traveled through the area riding out to Louisiana I'd find them on their old conventional frequency. Thanks again for the reply and the report and hopefully we can nail down the users here in the near future!

Brian (COMMSCAN)