Wood County/Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

Normally I would do my research and would have my stuff together but I've made an unexpected trip to Bowling Green from out of state. I've brought my BCD436 and 536 with me and have some questions.

Besides the VHF stuff for Wood County in the database what else do I need to listen to law and fire? I have the DMR upgrade and am hearing Bowling Green great. I know I can scan straight from the database, but I prefer to build my own scanlists.

What MARCS sites provide coverage here?

What agencies are on MARCS in Wood County?

Can Toledo PD/FD be heard here? What about Detroit? (I'm using the stock antennas.)

Any help y'all give will be greatly appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Toledo and most Ohio you. Need. A band opening Detroit. Wayyyy to far

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Davey1

No Wood County agencies or departments are on MARCS. The Bradner MARCS tower is the only one in Wood County. You may also be able to receive the Toledo and/or Findlay towers, too.

Glad to hear that you're hearing Bowling Green Police and Fire on DMR. Remember, the Wood County Sheriff also uses DMR (all of the proper settings are in the database).

Linn

Thanks for the responses. I was able to hear the Toledo system in Bowling Green depending on where I was. Also there were times when the Bowling Green site carried Toledo PD traffic. I didn't have a chance to play and see what MARCS sites I could hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.