Wood County Ohio SO Frequencies DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg43545

I was going to program Wood County Ohio Sheriff frequencies into my scanner. I did my search on RR and saw that Wood Co Sheriff Dispatch switched to DMR 2-2016 .

Unsure exactly what that was, I called the Wood County SO and asked their Communications Supervisor what system they were on ( IE: Marcs-IP, Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System, Etc. ).

I was advised they were on a Motorola system. Not wanting to appear like I didn't know what he was talking about ( which I didn't ) I thanked him and hung up.

SO - Is DMR a Motorola System? If not, what is it?

How would I program Wood County SO into my HP-2 scanner from Sentinel?

Hit_Factor

P25 and DMR are systems supported by Motorola.

I don't recall being able to RX DMR on my HP2, but it's been a few years. (sold HP2 for SDS100).

It looks like they are using P25, so you should be able to rx.

Zipcode location control should receive them. Assuming they are in range. Or add them to a favorites list in Sentinel and then download to your scanner.

Greg43545

P25 and DMR are systems supported by Motorola.

I don't recall being able to RX DMR on my HP2, but it's been a few years. (sold HP2 for SDS100).

It looks like they are using P25, so you should be able to rx.

Zipcode location control should receive them. Assuming they are in range. Or add them to a favorites list in Sentinel and then download to your scanner.

Well, I was going to add them as a favorite in Sentinel, but my search of their freqs. found that Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System shows ONLY Fire and EMS, while my other search showed:

County Systems -
Wood -
Government and Safety Services - Law Enforcement -
Sheriff Dispatch ( Simulcast of 254.725 ) 151.115

Is that the frequency I should enter to receive Wood County SO? I thought all agencies were going to 700 - 800 Mhz. ?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Wood County SO is on a Mototrbo DMR system. Your BCD325P2 can monitor it if you pay for the DMR uprgrade. They are not on MARCS, only some of the fire departments are on MARCS.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
OK thanks - I have an BCD325P2 as well. Will that receive DMR?
You can purchase the DMR upgrade through Uniden for the BCD325P2. Of course they may eventually switch to MARCS anyway like some agencies that had DMR have, namely West Jefferson in Madison County, when they realized they couldn't talk to the county.

Last edited:

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Also, Perrysburg Police just switched from DMR to the P25 county system. I think both BGPD and Wood County Sheriff will eventually switch to MARCS. BGPD is always asking re advise due to poor audio. P25 has superior audio in my opinion vs DMR.

Greg43545

Also, Perrysburg Police just switched from DMR to the P25 county system. I think both BGPD and Wood County Sheriff will eventually switch to MARCS. BGPD is always asking re advise due to poor audio. P25 has superior audio in my opinion vs DMR.

What frequency and system ( ie: System: Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System, MARCS, DMR ) are you using to monitor both Wood Co. SO and BGPD?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Wood County SO and BGPD each have their own standalone VHF DMR systems. The frequencies are listed in the database.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
I can no longer hear Wood County SO on 154.725 SL 1 CC 8 TG 8700. Does anyone know what if anything changed? Maybe that is why you are not hearing them Greg.

Greg43545

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I can no longer hear Wood County SO on 154.725 SL 1 CC 8 TG 8700. Does anyone know what if anything changed? Maybe that is why you are not hearing them Greg.
Are you still having issues monitoring Wood County SO on their DMR system. Nothing has changed as I am listening to them right now.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am. I am not sure what is going on. I heard them fine a few days ago. I have attached how I have it programmed. Thanks. I can hear BGPD, BGFD fine. :/ I will heading back to Ontario in a couple days so I wanted to get it figured out before I leave. Driving me bonkers!

Attachments

• 8700.png
    8700.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 20

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Disregard, I got it! I had "Call receive tone" on. whatever that means. thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.