Woodbridge-Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin96

A- is woodbridge going to goto trunked or digital soon???

B-Can you listen to Edison on SMARTNET?

Thanks

W2SJW

Database Admin
A - No one know that answer to this yet,

-and-

B - Edison is a SmartZone system. You need the SmartZone option enabled in the radio you have, and that's assuming you have the right to be on that system...

TonyS

It has been established that Woodbridge will be going digital trunked, however the time frame has not been committed yet. It'll most likely be 1.5-2 years. Regarding Edison, just get a scanner. There is a way to listen to it without being affiliated but that's not for me to instruct. Go to Batlabs for the answer.

Last edited:

K2QI

I was in Woodbridge / Edison Township earlier today, and while I have all of the NJ trunked systems for that area programmed into my PSR-500, I couldn't get anything. I would often see a full signal bar when scanning through those systems, but no audio. Is there something I'm missing here, or did they go scrambled?

Edit: well, checked the RR database, and it seems Edison has gone encrypted, at least for LEO. EMS and township services are unencrypted. Interesting though, I still didn't pick anything up. I was getting Jersey Troop C most of the time.

Last edited:

DJ88

Your PSR 500 MAY have the same feature the Uniden BCD996T has. When it stops on an active channel that is using encryption, it goes mute. ENC appears on the screen, the meter registers, and it stays on the channel until the transmissions stop, but you don't hear anything.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The PSR-500/Pro-106 share the same feature that the Pro-96 first had - A Moto-II system such as Edison's will ever pass encrypted traffic over these 3 scanners because they ignore the status-bit that marks the traffic as encrypted.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Motorola_Type_II

However, the new P25 systems like Bayonne don't use that feature, you'll just have to lock-out TGID's on these brand-new systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.