Woodbridge Twp New truck system Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

I am using a BC296D to monitor the system and it works just fine in conventional mode. Be aware though that at this time, I do not know what the base freq, offset, or channel spacing is, so I don't have tracking ability just yet. The control channel is reading: NFM, DAT which indicates that its P25 mode. As soon as someone with better knowledge than me can figure out what the channel spacing, offset and base freq. is, I will be able to trunk track it and get some TG #'s during testing. Then, I can report my findings on here.

Deleted, I looked at the wrong system.

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
Woodbridge NJ TRS

Folks:

I picked up the following control channels that have been active on the system from the past week and they are the following: 507.63750; 507.73750; 507.93750.

Can anyone with a higher intelligence than me confirm what the base freq., offset, and channel spacing would be for this system? I have no knowledge of how to figure that stuff out.

Tac-1

Woodbridge TRS Up & Running CC 507.9375 P25 NAC350

Display info from PRO-197 analyze

N350 W:BEEE00

SY:35E Roo1 S001

What that all means i do not know but the site is active no TG's as of yet

robbinsj2

so is it looking like there will be no encryptions, at least on normal traffic
It doesn't look like anything yet. There will be no way, aside from inside information or public statements from officials, to know whether and how encryption will be used. All we can know in advance, and do already know, is that everything on the system will be digital and encryption is technically feasible.

Based on recent trends in the area, I wouldn't be surprised to see all PD traffic go encrypted.

Tac-1, can you post the trunking table data? When programmed as P25 Auto, the Pro-106/197 will grab it off the P25 control channel and save it to the memory, accessible either from the keypad or from Win500. The data may need some conversion before they can be used for Unidens but I can work on that, I just can't hear the control channel where I am to get the GRE tables.

Also I would guess that the fourth possible control channel is 507.7125, using the four highest frequencies in the system. Only a guess for now, don't hold me to it.

Jim

Tac-1

Testing on Talkgroup 1 today around 0900 am head test from sewaren area both clear and encrypted
radio id 3 clear & radio id 2006 system sounds great in north end of rahway perfect audio no chop

Jim i already have the system programed P25auto but i dont know where to find the info you are requesting I use ARC500 software let me if know how to get the info

W2SJW

Database Admin
Tac-1 is correct about using 'P25 Auto' mode. All current scanners except the Pro-96/2096 will track this system automatically with no need for base/offset data.

Looks like it's time to add this baby to my XT!

robbinsj2

Jim i already have the system programed P25auto but i dont know where to find the info you are requesting I use ARC500 software let me if know how to get the info
From the keypad, go to the TGID or wildcard or whatever you have programmed for the system. Edit/Current, go down and press SEL for the TSYS. Scroll down the last menu item and press SEL for the T Tables (Custom). Then press SEL to get into each individual table, it'll give you the lo & hi channels, offset, base, & step for each one.

In Win500 if you download the scanner to the computer it shows as P25 Auto but you can click through and see the trunking tables populated. I don't know whether or not ARC500 behaves the same.

Jim

Last edited:

Tac-1

tried both auto & manual mode all tables show 0 for Lo & Hi
I unversal trunker but i cant get it working i did have it once before but i cant rember the settings if have them for PRO-197 post it hear and ill try to get the info

Tech are still testing in bulidings and around the twp at 12pm TG 1

Last edited:

Tac-1

Tech testing the TRS on portable in car all the way upto exit 145 on the GSP with 99% coverage
using TG1 1915hrs

Tac-1

Jim,
INFO from Unversal Trunker

Site 01-01
Min LCN 4-000
Max LCN 4-FFF
BASE 500.0000
Spacing 12.500

NAC000
Call Sign WQJS363
Modulation C4FM
Profile -1.#J

robbinsj2

Great! Out of curiosity I'll have to try my Pro-106 on the system to see if it populates the table data -- it worked for me on Mercer's system.

Anyway, GM and anyone else, try:
Base=500.000
Step=12.5
Offset=12288

Let us know how it works, it's been a while since I worked on P25 table conversions.

Jim

GM

Premium Subscriber
MY BC296D won't let me put in a 4 digit offset, so I'm leaving it at 380 for now. It shows the system "tracking," but I'm not sure if it's the correct offset # or base freq. Only time will tell...

CERT6

MY BC296D won't let me put in a 4 digit offset, so I'm leaving it at 380 for now. It shows the system "tracking," but I'm not sure if it's the correct offset # or base freq. Only time will tell...

GM i have the same scanner, im trying the same thing. If you get results for the settings etc, let me know. Likewise if i get the settings ill let you know.

TonyS

My sources are also very reliable. I've heard the same as Cert6 with the exception that they're still not 100% if all PD will be encrypted. Obviously the DB will be but traffic might not.

GM

Premium Subscriber
So folks, I have started to hear the new system on test on my BC296D scanner, however I need a few minor adjustments to be made. I have the settings at 500.0000 (base), 12.5 (ch. spacing), and 380 (offset ch.). The scanner started to track TG 1, but quickly went from voice channel to control channel at a rapid pace during the voice transmission. I have my BCi96 card setting at 533 Low. I tried to tweak the setting during the voice transmission, but had no luck with this. Control channel signal was 4-6 bars during this observation.

What adjustments, if any do I need to make to properly trunk track this?

robbinsj2

That sounds like an issue not with digital decoding but rather the trunking table. Next time see if you can tell what frequency it is trying to tune, I'll bet somewhere around 501-503MHz and not a valid system frequency.

I have yet to research how Unidens handle P25 channel numbering, once I get time for that I may be able to come up with a good trunking table.

Jim

Tac-1

have not heard any tech talk on the TRS a few days guess they put radio silence in effect

Status
Not open for further replies.