Woodbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

PD & FD went Digital two days ago

PD 453.375 N131
FD 451.750 N74
DPW went P25 a year ago on 453.825 but I don't have the NAC, if someone is close to listen

900mhz

PD & FD went Digital two days ago

PD 453.375 N131
FD 451.750 N74
DPW went P25 a year ago on 453.825 but I don't have the NAC, if someone is close to listen
Have not heard a peep on PW all day. I did confirm what you stated for NAC's for PD and FD. Hopefully next week I can try to gather the PW NAC data.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
No wonder why I haven't heard them, but did hear the firehouse siren go off at my house.

APX7500X2

Got to listen to 453.825 and the fire 3 channel 453.225 channel for a few days and nothing on them at all. Scan NE has 453.825 as DPW with a NAC of 293. Ill keep trying

900mhz

I have a logging program running right now. Hopefully, something will get captured today...

l8erg8er

Hi all, first time poster. I have a uniden trunktracker iv and woodbridge was coming in fine until the last month or so. i thought it was my scanner so i just bought a bcd436hp and same issue applies, i just found this thread and it appears because woodbridge switched to digital. the trunktracker iv seems to pick up PD all staticky with my original analog frequency, however i switched it to p25 and i can't seem to pick it up, can someone help me with the correct settings for either the trunktracker iv or the bcd436hp. for the bcd436h, i modified the original default database frequency (from 2018) and switched it to digital and the nac to 131, however when it is scanning, it shows up as NFM DCS131 which doesn't seem right (i know it isn't because it isn't picking it up). any help would be most appreciated!!!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
First try changing the NAC 131 to DPL 131, or turn the PL/DPL/NAC off altogether. You don’t need it to receive the frequency (never mind the why if it right now, first let’s get a signal you can hear, then we can try adding a PL to it). But if you see the scanner displaying a type of PL, the scanner isn’t lying to you… if it sees NFM (Narrow frequency Modulation) with a digital PL code (DPL) of 131, take it as gospel.

l8erg8er

Thanks so much n1chu, here is what I have done on the trunktracker iv:
Program System - Edit System -> Edit Group - Selected Woodbridge PD -> Edit Woodbridge PD Channel:
Here are the settings:
CTCSS/DCS -> Off
Modulation -> Auto
Attenuator -> Off

With these settings, when holding on the Woodbridge PD channel, I do hear static on transmissions, so it is picking up static when they are transmitting, so it is picking up something. It also displays "LNK" and "P25" during these times it picks up.

Any further suggestions? Thank you so much again!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
If you have the capability to let the software program the scanner I’d do that. The days of manually programming are gone… too much is required to be entered without making a mistake.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
i looked and none of channels look like p25 in radio reference. link and p25 make it sound like the channels are p25. if police is p25 maybe the listing is wrong? its definately a NAC for p25 and you shouldnt hear any static on digital. thats for analog.
Alec
N1AJW

Last edited:

900mhz

i looked and none of channels look like p25 in radio reference. link and p25 make it sound like the channels are p25. if police is p25 maybe the listing is wrong? its definately a NAC for p25 and you shouldnt hear any static on digital. thats for analog.
Alec
N1AJW
The NAC is 131. I have that programmed into several pieces of equipment. Looks like the NAC info was erased from the data base. It was in there last week.

900mhz

just heard a dispatch for police service. verified NAC 131. Signal sounds weaker than usual. So, I hooked it up to my DB420. That took care of that issue.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The NAC, PL or DPL are NOT the problem. Ignore them-DO NOT USE THEM, initially. First, get the scanner to sound like it’s supposed to without them. THEN you can add all the NAC’s, PL’s or DPL’s you desire.

The issue is not the PL’s, but rather the possible mis-use of them. They do not enhance reception, they are designed to discriminate against any transmissions on the same frequency that do not possess the same PL code.

900mhz

The NAC, PL or DPL are NOT the problem. Ignore them-DO NOT USE THEM, initially. First, get the scanner to sound like it’s supposed to without them. THEN you can add all the NAC’s, PL’s or DPL’s you desire.

The issue is not the PL’s, but rather the possible mis-use of them. They do not enhance reception, they are designed to discriminate against any transmissions on the same frequency that do not possess the same PL code.
I live really close to that area. I have verified NAC 131. Their license is rather different. Look it up. Their radio service company has followed the license requirements. I know the area very well. My wife and yours truly have our weekly lunch near a Woodbridge town transmitter. Matzo soup and pastrami sandwich. I love spending the time with my wife. She supports me. She is a high school teacher. Kids that want to learn, we are there .

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The NAC is 131. I have that programmed into several pieces of equipment. Looks like the NAC info was erased from the data base. It was in there last week.

This info was never erased, it was never entered into the DB. No one submitted it to be changed. The OP should've done that but didn't.

If someone wants to submit it, I'll change it.

900mhz

This info was never erased, it was never entered into the DB. No one submitted it to be changed. The OP should've done that but didn't.

If someone wants to submit it, I'll change it.
10-4

900mhz

it was there , now it isn't. So, I know the truth. Do what you want. I speak several languages. let me know which one gets the message across.

Status
Not open for further replies.