woodbury PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

acemadison

hey all ,
im new to this so i appologise ahead of time if what i ask or what i say sounds stupid at any time lol
i purchased what i hope is a decent scanner the undien BCD396XT

i recibed it in the mail today ..
seems pretty complicated but like i said im new to all this
i wanted to try and pick a PD near my home
i work in woodbury and thought i would start with that ...
i horribly attempted to program this in ... so did not work

i fugured out how to scn through channles and can pick up miltiple misc Saint paul freq.
but woodbury seems to elude me

can anyone give any helpful hints or tips to a new guy

thanks
ACE

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
There are no talkgroups listed for Woodbury on RR so I dont know if they have their own pd...
They should be patolled by the county if not.

Ramsey County Simulcast Freqs:

852.08750c
853.36250a
853.71250a
853.76250a

Talkgroups

11516 Ramsey LAW Dispatch East
11518 Ramsey LAW Dispatch Central
11520 Ramsey LAW Dispatch West

acemadison

thank you for the ramsey cty info ... i planned to add that
but woodbury is in washington county

i see the info but am not sure how to program the scanner so i can hear it
i dont hear anything

n9upc

Woodbury PD is dispatched by Washington County on the Law South talkgroup along with Cottage Grove, Newport, St Paul Park, and Oakdale. Think of the word C-SNOW.

From 3am till 11am daily dispatch patches both Law N and Law S together. Woodbury unit #'s are the 600 and 1600 series.

acemadison

thanks guys , ive been toying with it alot !
free scan cant detect my scanner for some reason though otherwise i feel like id have this nip'd in the bud already ...

acemadison

would anyone in the TC metro have time to maybe walk me through this , id be willing to buy a guy some beers or throw a little cash at is for a little bit of your time

thanks
ACE

acemadison

well after 4 days of trial and error , i atleast figured out how to program in washington county , dont have woodbury isolated yet but its a huge step for me !!! nobody mentioned anything about the "site" menu that made all the difference

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
well after 4 days of trial and error , i atleast figured out how to program in washington county , dont have woodbury isolated yet but its a huge step for me !!! nobody mentioned anything about the "site" menu that made all the difference

If you want to get super technical I can help you out with that later. I understand about 90% of Washington county and also use a 396xt.

Basics... the only "woodbury only" that you can hear is Police car to car and Fire "truck to truck." if you are only listening to those you will not hear the main dispatch giving them the calls or any communication between PD/FD and dispatch. Those calls go out on the main north and south dispatch channels. If you want to meet at a McDonalds and buy me dinner I can help you understand it better, bring my laptop and do a little programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.