Woodstock PD, New Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWoodsman

Has Woodstock PD changed their freq's/system's(P25?)?
I haven't heard nothing the last few days on their normal channels. Only some static transmissions on their channels.

Rick

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I did some digging on Google and turned this up:

Woodstock Police Services Looking Forward To New Radio System
Written by Blair R. Wilson Oct 20/2009

There is plenty to be proud of with the newly named Woodstock Police Services.

That was the message conveyed by Police Chief Rod Freeman after a swearing in ceremony at Police Headquarters Monday night.

Chief Freeman says the newly acclaimed Police Service will offer effectiveness, efficiency and dedication to the citizens of Woodstock.

As part of a multitude of changes - including newly designed graphics displayed on the vehicles, hat badges and shoulder flashes, Chief Freeman says he's also looking forward to a state of the art radio system that will be effective next month.

Chief Freeman tells Heart FM News "For the last 2 years we have been working on implementing a new radio system for the city of Woodstock".

"We are now nearing the November 10th trigger date when we can bring that system up fully live and take advantage of its encrypting capabilities and certainly it is a much more modern system than what we had just a couple of years ago".

Doesn't sound promising, does it? Anyone know anything more about this system? Still VHF? Trunked? Conventional? P25? OpenSKY? (har har). Seems to be very little info out there about it. You are right though, 142.8600 is quiet as a mouse. One more channel I can free up in the scanner I guess..... Getting pretty sparse around here:

Sarnia PD - P25 Enc
Stratford PD - P25 Enc
Chatham/Kent - EDACS ProVoice
Strathroy PD - MotoTRBO
London PS - EDACS ProVoice
Windsor PD - P25 Enc

Wonder how long till St. Thomas goes...

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Im heading to woodstock friday,
I'll grab my camera and try to snap some shots of their cars n ask some questions bringing the scanner and see what i find.

DragLvr911

*sighs* Way to go freeman ... He was a dink when he was Chief in my down ... Well, good luck and look forward to any posts on the system. I use to get woodstock here in fergus pretty good.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I could pull Woodstock in nicely here in Strathroy... They have come booming in for years. I heard what sounded like P25 digital on 142.8600 tonight with my BCT15. By the time I grabbed a digital radio they were done talking. Go figure. I've got my Pro-106 parked on it now, if anything turns up I will update on here.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've been monitoring 142.8000 and 142.8600 for the past few hours with my Pro-96. The only P25 traffic I seem to be receiving is from distant Fleetnet sites (NAC's of 2D3 and 2D4).

gary123

I've been monitoring 142.8000 and 142.8600 for the past few hours with my Pro-96. The only P25 traffic I seem to be receiving is from distant Fleetnet sites (NAC's of 2D3 and 2D4).

what are you using to decode the NAC's?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yep, looks that way. If they are using XTL's my guess is they are using conventional P25, and encryption to boot by the sounds of it.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I was sitting beside PS HQ for about 30 mins with CC auto store on and no antenna, didnt get anything
So id say the same freq they have now but just enc.
2 different radios, both in woodstock vics. On the 2nd pic that was the dispatcher talking at the time

Attachments

• DSC_2764.jpg
    DSC_2764.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 971
  • DSC_2790.jpg
    DSC_2790.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,129

JR45

try 142.425 you may hear the dispatcher in the clear sometimes.

I picked it up in Guelph and Kitchener.

this was the freqency/tower used by Tavistock Police and then Oxford Community PD

Last edited:

molly1158

Could i pick up Woodstock pd with this

BCD-996XT 6000 Channel Uniden Mobile Trunking Scanner with GPS Support and APCO-25
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE:

The Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT is a state-of-the-art scanner radio with Trunk Tracker IV™ and automatic scanning capabilities. You can store in the dynamic memory conventional frequencies such as police, fire/emergency, marine, air, amateur, and other communications.You can store and scan services that use Trunked Radio Systems and so much more. You can use the scanner’s Scroll Control to quickly select channels and frequencies and you can automatically program channels in a system using the Auto Store feature. The high resolution display indicates the radio's status in detail.

The GPS-enabled feature offered by the BCD996XT provides automatic system selection, which permits the scanner to turn system reception on or off depending on the user’s location, and allows the user to define the scanner display to show location-based information. In addition, when a GPS unit, not included with this scanner, is connected to the BCD996T, it will alert at areas of special interest, such as dangerous intersections, school zones, or general points of interest. The BCD996T also offers APCO 25 digital capability, allowing consumers to monitor the activities and signals of city and government service departments, and features advanced scanner technology in an in-dash or mobile mount design.

The Bearcat BCD996T also offers Close Call™ RF Capture Technology, Dynamic Memory Management, Fire Tone-Out, and Multi-site programming as well as 25,000 channels and a frequency range of 25 MHz to 1.3 GHz (excluding cellular and UHF TV frequencies). Other recent enhancements include band scope function (.2 to 500 MHz), multi-color display backlit, NAC decoding, Key safe mode and channel alert (tones and backlight color).

FEATURES:

•TrunkTracker IV (Motorola APCO 25 Digital, Motorola, EDACS, LTR)
•25000 Dynamically Allocated Channels

•Close Call™ RF Capture Technology - Instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters

•Location-Based Scanning

•Fire Tone-Out

•Multi-Colored Display Backlight

•Alpha Tagging

•100 Quick Key System Access

•Band Scope - Graphically finds radio activity

•Continuous Band Coverage* - 25MHz to 1.3GHz Excluding UHF TV and Cellular

•Audio AGC

•Automatic Digital Threshold Adjustment

•Temporary Lockout
•Search with Scan
•NAC Decoding - for conventional P25 channels

•DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode - Instantly Detects and Displays the Subaudible Tone So You Can Quickly Determine the System Settings.

•S.A.M.E. Weather Alert - Specific Area Message Encoding - During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.

•PC Programming/Control

•Public Safety Scanner
•System / Channel Number Tagging - provides rapid access to a specific system or channel

•Individual Channel Volume Offset
•Priority ID Scan on trunked systems
What's in the Package:

•AD1009 AC adapter
•Cigarette lighter adapter power cord
•Mobile mounting bracket
•DIN-E sleeve
•Telescopic antenna
•PC DB9 serial cable
•Owner's Manual on CD.

4%

Details

SKU BCD996XT
Weight 5.00 lbs
Price: $699.95

Options

Muxlow

Super Secret
I noticed on the white cars they had 2 holes for antennas. Now one is plugged up on almost all the white cars. Not sure if they had 2 antennas before or not.. but they only use 1 now.

Here is the best shots I have of their antennas from when i was there few weeks ago

Attachments

• DSC_2765.jpg
    DSC_2765.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 800
  • DSC_2799.jpg
    DSC_2799.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 830
  • DSC_2801.jpg
    DSC_2801.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 804

moonbounce

Thanx Muxlow

So they are still on VHF, would it be the apco 25 they are using?

Moonbounce

moonbounce

Hey Muxlow,

Just another thought, you posted the following:

I was sitting beside PS HQ for about 30 mins with CC auto store on and no antenna, didnt get anything
So id say the same freq they have now but just enc.
2 different radios, both in woodstock vics. On the 2nd pic that was the dispatcher talking at the time

1) Do they have a repeater freq. like the OPP?

2) I would try putting the antenna on with close capture on as your radio should have picked them up. The fact that they are digital should not matter as far as seeing the freq. they are using, the cc should still display that. Just like the OPP, London, or the RCMP radio's, any scanner will display the frequency being used, you just won't be able to hear them.

Moonbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.