Woodward Dream Cruise freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

73dodgeboy

Does anyone know of any special frequencies/talkgroups that will be used for the Woodward Dream Cruise this August 19th? So many police departments get involved that I imagine there will be stuff on just about every city's frequency, but I was wondering about a main dispatch or coordination freq.

Thanks,
Dave

fnnm1062

longtime member
alot of the city will use there own freqs like you said also listein to the oakland county trunked system special event channels at least 1 of those is dedicated to the cruise traffic. As far as 1 main channel I dont believe they do, but I could be wrong. Where are you from?

73dodgeboy

Thanks... I'm specifically interested in the channels that will be used to coordinate the efforts for when they shut the road down at 9pm or so... It sounds like the Oakland county special event freq may be a good place to start.

Dave

fnnm1062

longtime member
I believe you will want to check TG 4,5,6,7,9 - dont forget pontiac pd are also on the system so add them in. I dont remember if they also use the intercity and mepps channels 155.37 & 155.865; in addition to the local channels, where abouts you at i could try and help you out a little more. And if your scanner can pick it up I wouldnt want to forget the MPSCS disital system

Dave

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
In the past, the MSP has made use of the "Statewide Event" talkgroups and have patched them together with the Oakland County TRS. Likewise, 155.865 MHz has been used as well to help coordinate activities.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.