Woonsocket FD moving to RISCON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
Noticed this article in our local paper mentioning that Woonsocket's fire and police will be sharing the same dispatch services by the end of 2014. Article also mentions the purchase of new Motorola radios for the FD.

Considering that the PD has been on RISCON for while now, and the FD is still on their old 158.xxx VHF frequency, it sounds like they will both be on RISCON shortly.

Those old analog scanners are surely getting quiet! I'm bummed as I like using a couple of the old ones to listen to Woony FD once in a while.

https://www.valleybreeze.com/2014-0...share-dispatch-services-end-2014#.U2bk7c7D_bU

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I heard somewhere that the VHF Fire repeater system is needed repairs.. I miss the days of when you could monitor all of RI with a conventional scanner.

SCPD

QRT
There has been extensive testing on TGID1367 by Woonsocket Fire the last couple of weeks.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
There has been extensive testing on TGID1367 by Woonsocket Fire the last couple of weeks.

I did hear them mention the testing of their 800MHz radios during last night's normal radio check.

I upgraded the RR database recently, though I didn't hear them. Is there something I can change on my Home Patrol so that I can hear those comms?

thanks

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
1367 is listed as a Woonsocket citywide TG. Both here and on the SNE Wiki.
Woonsocket FD is listed as being on 1360 at SNE.

Once we get more monitoring in , we should correct, as needed.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber

I plugged TG 1367 into my HP1, and made sure the Multi-Talk service was on (Sentinel shows that as the correct service for fhat TG), but I still hear nothing when Woonsocket FD is announcing the testing of their 800 mhz radios at 1830 each night.

Is there a possible other TG that might contain the correct 800mhz freq that they have been starting to use?

Thanks!

Donald Roberts

Premium Subscriber
I plugged TG 1367 into my HP1, and made sure the Multi-Talk service was on (Sentinel shows that as the correct service for fhat TG), but I still hear nothing when Woonsocket FD is announcing the testing of their 800 mhz radios at 1830 each night.

Is there a possible other TG that might contain the correct 800mhz freq that they have been starting to use?

Thanks!

I have heard them testing on 1360

Donald Roberts

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE=shortwaver;
As far as I know they are not using 800 yet but I have heard companies on the air testing during the day. Not sure about radio check at 18:30. Also I have heard info passed back and forth during fires

Last edited:

Donald Roberts

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking under woonsocket's P25 listing and only see the other 3 TGs, not 1360. Do you know how to find a TG in Sentinel or Arc Patrol to add it to a favorite?

Thanks

no I don't, I have a 996, 996xl, and a 536 which I us Butel programing and Radio Reference I also seen them us 1361 although that is rare

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
no I don't, I have a 996, 996xl, and a 536 which I us Butel programing and Radio Reference

Cool setup. My database is updated on both sentinel and ARC, though the 1360 doesn't show for Woonsocket. I must have missed something..

thanks for the help.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I just checked RR and they do not list fire yet but those I gave you I hear them on

So 1360 probably is shared with someone else, or was someone elses, and you had added it previously? I will probably just load the entire db to see who has it.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
A roadcastify station for woonsocket also shows their fire on 1360. It should be somewhere!

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
Great news..I sent RR support info that the 1360 TG was missing, and they've now added it to the db.

Status
Not open for further replies.