Worcester County tone outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I see the Worcester wiki has recently been updated to add in tone-out listings.

Worcester County (MD) Fire - The RadioReference Wiki

Some of the tones listed in the wiki are different from the tones I have recorded. Did Worcester just recently change their tones or are those listed in the wiki incorrect? I just noticed the update to the wiki a few hours ago but I'll be checking Worcester to see if there has been any changes that I can confirm or deny.

emtLarmy15

The fire ones are correct. The EMS are partially correct. Only three depts use EMS tones; Pocomoke Berlin and ocean pines, though Berlin's is not correct. None of the station all calls are used.

What's is missing is Berlin's EMS tone and the Pocomoke all call. The Berlin EMS tone and Pocomoke all call use the same first tone and their respective station second tone. The first tone is high (like 14xxish) and the second is their station tone (Pocomoke uses the EMS stations station tone as the second tone 349.00)z

Clear as mud??

emtLarmy15

But to answer the original question no the Wiki is not wrong nor has worcester recently changed anything. Those tones have been used since Low band paging was abandoned for VHF hi. The only change in recent years was the addition of the Berlin EMS tones (which was actually their officer tones that never got used.)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
emt- please feel free to go into the wiki and correct/drop the tones that aren't used/are wrong. Unlike the RRDB, anyone can edit most any of the articles there...Mike

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Thank you, Larry!!!

Mike, now that it sounds like it's confirmed that what I still have is correct I will try to get into the DB and fix what I have. I'm at a different computer right now so I can't do it this second but I'll try and get to it ASAP. TY again!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please DON'T send this information to the RRDB as it's not designed to handle it. Just use the wiki and all will be well...thanks for contributing...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.