Work In Progress in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of putting together my "shack" and have made progress with the scanner end. As you can see, I have the following mounted on my new ScannerStandMan's custom stand (which I can't say enough good things about):

On top: BC 296D, Yaesu FT-60R, BC396T
Mounted Vertically from top to bottom: BC-RH96 Remote (connected to 396), BC780XLT,
BC796D, BC785D

I'm in the process of installing two Scantennas in my attic (because of covenants :( )

Enjoy!

Last edited:

AndersonMBK

Very nice. Slick and Clean.

I have to ask though, do you keep everything on that nice table all the time? My wife would kill me if I put my scanners on her "good tables". :)

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
You won't believe this, but, it was actually HER suggestion to use this nice table since it was already in my study. I think she got sick at the suggestion I was making to purchase a small, metal computer stand. :) I also forgot to mention my speakers but you can see them - 1 RS model, 1 old Motherola (great old speaker), 1 Midland, and I "new" Motherola.

af5rn

Sweet setup. Very similar to what I have going with my 996's all stacked up like that.

Man, the 700 series Unidens were so much better looking than the 996. :(

SCPD

QRT
I love the old Motorola speakers. "1 Adam 12, 1 Adam 12, see the man, 415 juveniles throwing water balloons, to the rear of 8546 Winnetka, in the alley, Code 2." "Squad 51, L.A., man down, reported fumes inside the building at the auto shop, 5614 North Hollywood Boulevard, Code 3." Or in my case when I used the old Motorola "Motrac" in my green Forest Service patrol rig, "Patrol 22, Kaibab, respond to reported smoke on the north side of Kendrick Peak. This is an aircraft report from the FAA, we will not dispatch a full response due to the high number of false alarms from the FAA." The first radio I used with a speaker like that was located behind the seat of the pickup and had "tubes", yes tubes, inside of it. There was a massive wire bundle between the control head and the radio; and between the radio and the engine. I think the radio weighed as much as I did.

Like yours, I have all the scanners in my shack connected to external speakers. It really improves the sound quality and ability to copy marginal signals.

Nice looking monitoring station.

Julian1

Way to go

V'nice. I like.

Ah you have an old Moto speaker too!

Got to get my shack together..... just been too busy.

Great combination of equip.

Scan On!!!

xpawel15x

Nice, I still gotta figure out how to modify a motorola speaker for scanner use..

Status
Not open for further replies.