Work setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerGoTV3

Pro-95 and Pro-97, mobile work setup.

I have a cigarette lighter running to the '97 and battery to the '95. I'm not in the same vehicle each day, that's the reason for that setup.

Last night was the first time I had the need to run both at the same time. It worked well.

Attachments

• scanners.jpg
    scanners.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,491

Adrenaline03

So if you don't have a cup holder in a place where the scanner is in front of you, are there any products that are out there to mount the scanner to the dash somewhere? My BR330T has a very sturdy belt clip but I'd rather not double stick the belt part to my shiny dash. So do they make any functional dash clips that maybe connected to an air vent lets say? Thank you. Here is what I'm up against:

Dash2.jpg

RFJammed

Keep the scanner, get rid of the car. ;)

Seriously though, you could put it up in front of the gear shifter depending on whats under the panel. If there's space underneath it, there the potential for a slick in-dash install.

Adrenaline03

Sorry, car is paid for and until it's worth less than the scanner, car gets priority. As far as mounting in front of gear shifter goes, the door you see there is inset so I'm not sure the scanner will fit there without hitting the bottom of the dash but I'll give it a shot.

n211cr

It may not present much help to you but on my car on the molding that runs up between the driver side window and windshield, where the plastic molding ends and the headliner begins is a place I found where I can easily slide my Pro-94's belt clip in at. It fits right behind the molding. It may be less useful on something where you need to be viewing the screen, but on the up side it keeps it almost completely hidden from outside view.

jscott02

i clip my belt clip on the sun visor...easy button access, and good volume, even with the car stereo on

maddogdecker

jscott02 I do same thing. I put my pro 96 on the visor. I hook up a the power supply that is plugged in the cigarette lighter and ran the wire up to the visor. I use the "Cellular Look-Alike" Glass-Mount Scanner Antenna. The setup is very simple.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you can use one of those large suction cups that are used for dash mounted cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.