Workaround for Emergency Signal Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevins669

Database Admin
I sure hope nobody has brought this up, but I monitor this forum pretty closely, so I don't think so...

Anyway... I can only say this works on a P25 Motorola system for sure, as there are no "non" P25 systems for law enforcement close by anymore.

I have tested this for about a month, and it seems like it works 100%.

Whenever an emergency signal is sent by a radio, the PSR-500 displays the RadioID as "0"

At first, I was a little upset... "How will I know which radio has an emergency?" I thought... But wait! A better opportunity existed... I am more concerned about knowing there is an alert than the radio ID of the actual radio... So I set up a "private" object, named it "EMERGENCY SIGNAL," and set up LED and audible alerts.

It works GREAT! Now, here's the thing. It does not work like a regular private call wildcard, where it will pick up any emergency on the TSYS. It works in the same fashion as a regular RadioID does.

Perhaps someone can look at the ID that the PSRs display when the button is pressed on non-P25 Motorola systems.

GRE ---> please keep it this way... Don't start showing the radio id of the emergency radio! Unless you can make it display as a wildcard on the system :)

Again, I don't think this has been mentioned, but if it has, I am happy about this "feature" anyway! This would only have been able to be used since 1.4 anyway, due to radio ID being added...

-- Kevin

hfxChris

Database Admin
You're referring to an emergency button activation on the radio?

The dispatchers here usually get upset when that happens, so that's all the alert I need :D

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I have tested this for about a month, and it seems like it works 100%.

Whenever an emergency signal is sent by a radio, the PSR-500 displays the RadioID as "0"

-- Kevin

Good catch Kevin! I've seen that "RadioID: 0" many times before on our system.
Thanks a lot for your research. I'll start looking into it myself and try to confirm that's the case on our system too.

wnjl

I'll have to try that on my local system too, as frequently units accidentally press the emergency button causing a minor stir, lol. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.