working profile for City of Alameda

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPaw

Premium Subscriber
Pretty new to the scene. Got Alameda county working , but is it me or is City Of Alameda completely silent?

Are they currently on another system that is not a part of the County set up? Does anyone have a working configuration for a Uniden 396TX?

much appreciate it for any help.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Where are you located? Alameda County uses a "wide" and "local" frequency configuration. The sites around Oakland and Alameda have all channels while the farther sites, which cover Livermore, Pleasanton, Sunol, etc have the wide frequencies. If you're in an area only covered by the wide channels you won't hear the agencies set up to operate only on the local frequencies, which is where City of Alameda is.

It sounds confusing but it's like having two sites.

ChibiPaw

Premium Subscriber
Where are you located? Alameda County uses a "wide" and "local" frequency configuration. The sites around Oakland and Alameda have all channels while the farther sites, which cover Livermore, Pleasanton, Sunol, etc have the wide frequencies. If you're in an area only covered by the wide channels you won't hear the agencies set up to operate only on the local frequencies, which is where City of Alameda is.

It sounds confusing but it's like having two sites.

Im located in Alameda city/island . Just a few blocks away from Alameda Hospital. I did managed to just sit in the "Alameda city of Police 1" for a good hour or so and heard maybe 2 very brief conversations.

Thats leading me to think that they might have something else other than the trunked county system being used. Maybe Alameda itself really doesnt have that much crime compare to everywhere else?

dougr1252

Alameda doesn't have a lot of police traffic, but you may not be hearing all the calls either. Make sure you have all 4 system control channels loaded, because they can change multiple times per day. That should also take care of the wide/local problem, unless you were in a spot where you could see multiple sites. Since you're in Alameda itself, the nearest site is probably Oakland Lakeside, but you may still have a degraded signal. Try a different location for the scanner or a different antenna, and listen to something like ACSO on 16016 or 16048, or AMR on 21360. These are all busy.

ChibiPaw

Premium Subscriber
Alameda doesn't have a lot of police traffic, but you may not be hearing all the calls either. Make sure you have all 4 system control channels loaded, because they can change multiple times per day. That should also take care of the wide/local problem, unless you were in a spot where you could see multiple sites. Since you're in Alameda itself, the nearest site is probably Oakland Lakeside, but you may still have a degraded signal. Try a different location for the scanner or a different antenna, and listen to something like ACSO on 16016 or 16048, or AMR on 21360. These are all busy.

I think that might be right, and Im only a few blocks away from the Alameda PD station. I've checked the control channels, and they're all loaded. Should have been since it was loaded via Freescan+RR's direct database. Alameda is for sure the complete contrast of Oakland when it comes to crime. Police 1 seem to have only few conversation, mostly seems bored and spends much of their time checking on random passer by vehicles.

Yeah, ASCO and AMR seems to have more than its share of traffic. Predictably enough, its mostly matters outside of Alameda itself, and I have yet heard a single peep from Alameda Hospital itself.

dougr1252

I've heard that Freescan has some problems importing certain systems, so it wouldn't hurt to check. Alameda was fun to listen to way back when. The cops were on 488.5875, fire was 154.130 and all the hospitals were on 155.400 with tone activated receivers. Alameda Fire was dispatched from one of the fire stations, so if the equipment from that station went somewhere, you could hear the sirens in the background while the dispatcher was putting out the call.

ChibiPaw

Premium Subscriber
Something to note. There are a bit of traffic in Alameda, but it's almost completely drowned out if you're monitoring Oakland. It might be that what's in the RR.com's database might be missing something. But regardless, I've found marking the groups with as priority really does help to catch those very short conversations Alameda PD have.

Status
Not open for further replies.