jK176QR.png

2gC4Fpq.png

Any feedback is welcome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190222-131644.png
    Screenshot_20190222-131644.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 67

paulmohr

Look like finials to me, which is pretty much a decorative lightning rod. My guess is they added for decoration. Personally I wouldn't want a lightning rod on my actual house. Sounds like a bad idea to me. From what I have read you would ideally want it on a taller building or structure away from your house. Maybe not such a bad idea 100 years ago or more when houses were built different and there was not so many wires and appliances in them. Now houses are filled with metal and wiring, I most certainly wouldn't want to take a direct strike to my house even if it was a grounded lightning rod. The amount of power in lightning is massive and the current can carry through the air. Surge protectors and stuff like that are a much better idea.

I have had some bad experiences with lightning, I wouldn't want something like that on my house for sure. Not to mention lightning isn't predictable, it will pretty much hit anything it wants. Just because you have a rod doesn't mean the lighting will go for it instead of something else.

RadomeRR

Those are used for spying on neighbors.

They have fairly thick wires coming out, thicker than a normal coaxial cable. There is some radio interference in the area. How would they spy on neighbors?

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Well it would appear that you are low on battery, signal is less then 30% to your phone, you do have an alarm clock set, You have used your screen shot instead of the camera app.

The items in the screen shots could... Could.. be used for internet, or launching WWIII with the right codes.

If I were you and that worries about this type of thing I would move to a Highly populated area, like California, Florida, or anywhere besides the Northwest.

Hope this helps.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
They have fairly thick wires coming out, thicker than a normal coaxial cable.

It's not coaxial cable. As said above, these are decorative lightning rods. The heavy gauge cable coming out is the down lead to a ground rod network.

There is some radio interference in the area. How would they spy on neighbors?

Radio interference would be unrelated to these. They are not used to spy on neighbors, these guys are just having fun with you.

Again they are decorative lightning rods, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Baker Lightning Rods

But if you really need them to be something evil, then sure, they're whatever you want them to be.

paulmohr

If they are functional yes. The rods would be connected and then the system would run to the ground. If I read correctly on how they work it is a bit more complicated than that, but basically that is how they work. And from what I read realistically you would want more than just the two for it to be effective. There are people that still sell and set up lightning rods, there is a more technical term for it but I forget it right now, "air terminators" or something like that? However some poeple argue that they are not very effective and not worth the cost to have installed on modern homes. And even then it is suggested that you mount them on another structure other than your actual home. Like if you had a farm you would put it on a barn or maybe a silo, better yet a tower. And then there is no assurance the lightning would actually hit the rods. They don't actually "attract" lighting, they just give it an easier path to the ground.

I can tell you even if you have a rod you don't want a direct strike to your house. I had it hit a tree 20 yards from house once and caused a fair amount of damage. Broke a window in my house, caught my stereo on fire and ruined my tube tv. Not to mention scared my and family half to death. We were up all night with the kids. It was EXTREMELY loud, like explosion loud. Killed the tree too. Also when I was younger in the 80's I live in the country with open fields. I saw it hit a tree on the next road over and that was extremely loud too. It blew the tree apart like someone threw dynomite at it. It is truly a force of nature you do not want to mess with.

RadomeRR

Do those thick wires run down the building and then into the ground?
No, there is no grounding rod that would allow for this to be used in the way you say, I am going to rule out this theory Mr. McKenna. Cables lead to the interior. Also, their are tiny radomes on the antennas. Radomes are typically used to cover a transmitters or receiver to protect from ice, wind noise, or to hide the direction in which the device inside is pointed. Addionally, Radomes are used primarily for transmitters/ receivers operating in the microwave range such as radar or other. If you look in the pic, you will see the antennas have tripods which are attached through the roof shingles. They appear to belong on a watercraft vehicle, but are on the house. Their are a total of 5.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yep, absolutely, you are correct.

We all secretly work for the NSA, and we didn't want you to figure out what these really are. They are mind control devices. They also are the transmitters that control the mind control drug dispersal system in your neighborhood. The radomes are there so you can't see the tiny microwave dish that points at the different electronic devices in your home to tell which websites you are surfing, who you are text messaging, when you flush the toilet, etc.

If I were you, I'd tightly wrap my head in at least 20 layers of aluminum foil and use a long wire to connect that to a local cold water pipe to make sure it's properly grounded. You may also want to consider a conductive codpiece for good measure.

paulmohr

Here is an idea, why don't you just go ask the home owner? Or at least get a better picture. I searched and I couldn't find any antenna system that looked like that. All I found were grounding rods. And they look exactly like that, set up on a tripod and everything.

Some of the guys on this site have been in the communications industry for decades. If that was some sort of antenna I think they would know what it was and probably be able to tell you the model number.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
mmckenna is right. It's for surveillance. It works quite well and RadomeRR, you're almost out of milk.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Also, their are tiny radomes on the antennas. Radomes are typically used to cover a transmitters or receiver to protect from ice, wind noise, or to hide the direction in which the device inside is pointed. Addionally, Radomes are used primarily for transmitters/ receivers operating in the microwave range such as radar or other. If you look in the pic, you will see the antennas have tripods which are attached through the roof shingles. They appear to belong on a watercraft vehicle, but are on the house. Their are a total of 5.

Did you click on the link I gave you in post #2 ? Here it is again, just click on the blue text below:

antique lightning rods - Google Search

Do you see anything there that looks like what your picture shows?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Did you click on the link I gave you in post #2 ? Here it is again, just click on the blue text below:

I doubt that's going to work.
Seems like every year or two we get someone with strong conspiracy theories show up and start asking about something like this. They've already decided what it is, and just want someone to agree with them. No amount of logic is going to change their mind.

So, we play along. It makes them happy, they get the confirmation they are so desperately looking for, and we get a good laugh.

To the rest of us, it's obvious what it is. It's a decorative lightning rod, pure and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.