Would this work for OPP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not from Ontario and have no idea how the OPP radios work, but I found this little article on The Maritimes Scanning Site and I thought I'd post it, see if it would be worth giving a try.

Quoted from website:
“I have found a new trunk system in NB it is run by Atlantic Communications, it covers all of southern NB, their site says it is part of system that covers HRM, I believe that this system has no ties to Aliant. I believe that it is used
primarily by commercial users, it uses the MPT1327 trunking scheme the same type
that the OPP use so it can't be tracked by trunktrackers. But if you use a ctcss
tone (their tone is 238.0???) it eliminates the computer noise and you can hear the
traffic. I believe that these systems use one tone for the whole system (like OPP)
Now this info is now 6 years old, so not sure if it will work at all. But just thought I'd post it incase.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I'm not from Ontario and have no idea how the OPP radios work, but I found this little article on The Maritimes Scanning Site and I thought I'd post it, see if it would be worth giving a try.

Quoted from website:
Now this info is now 6 years old, so not sure if it will work at all. But just thought I'd post it incase.
OPP is nothing like MPT-1327. It is Motorola VHF. Easily monitored with digital scanners.

ZONE 2

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think the tip was referring to the old OPP NOR system which was a form of trunking using MDC-600, not MPT.

You could use a ctcss of 107.2hz to mask out the MDC-600 signalling.

This system has been off the air for quite some time now and has been replaced provincewide by the Bell Mobility Radio Fleetnet system.

Status
Not open for further replies.