Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been pondering on this. Would this...Amazon.com: IOGear Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter GBMA211: Electronics plugged into the headphone jack of a scanner transmit a bluetooth signal to one of those wireless cellphone ear pieces? I was thinking this would be a good idea to listen to your scanner in private without the cord of wired earphones. If you have a small apartment or yard, you could plug one into your scanner inside the house and walk around the house or yard and not have to carry the scanner around.

Just a thought...

Mike

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Short answer; yes it will. I use a similar setup and love it. Do a search on this site for Bluetooth and you should find a couple of other threads on this subject that will help you avoid any kinks.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Works great. I used a similar setup for quite a while with the scanner on my belt and and earpiece inside my ear defenders.

You won't be able to do a lot of walking around with a 10m range though. When they say ten meters, they mean ten meters. I find they pretty much shut off like a switch when you move a couple feet past.

With the frequency hopping technology of bluetooth (and things like a 2.4ghz headphones I use around the house with about a 30 meter range) the audio is crystal clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.