• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxan kg-uv9d plus (Military Air band )

Status
Not open for further replies.

farty

Sorry to jump in on an old thread but was unsure how to do a new post

I have recently purchased & programmed my uv9rd .No problems using the wouxan uvr9d plus software.I loaded approx 120 frequencies inc the civil air band. Flushed with success a week later I decided to add some military air band frequencies 230 to 240 mhz According to the specs this radio is able to to cover this part of the radio spectrum. Here lays my problem When I add frequencies & then try to upload them it fails & displays the frequencies I added in a box stating out of band For some reason it does not want to accept any frequencies entered in this part of the radios spectrum. Has any owner here achieved programming the memories with these military frequencies?
Having read this thread I will check the setting for AM/FM in case this may have an effect.
Out of interest I tried to load a friends uv9d that he was told was plus model The plus software would not connect.I then downloaded the uv9d std software &achieved a connection to his radio.Alas when I opened my plus model database it came up with incompatible. ANYBODY have any ideas for the military programming errors?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I don't make a habit of listening to military air. Is this 230 area AM or FM. Is this radio receiving FM or AM in that frequency area? Specs list it as FM.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Generally, that part of MILAIR is AM. Can't speak to how to program that Woxun. Have your Tried Chirp as a programming software?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to enter the 230 frequencies as transmit and receive? That radio is receive only in that band.

farty

No no tx entered Just receive. Have not had a chance to check if changing to Fm will make a difference.As the military use Am would not be a lot of good.Thats the only thing I can think of. Chirp does not support this model.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
According to several sites (see below), the rig only does a part of the UHF MilAir spectrum and only with FM. Since most UHF MilAir is AM, it looks like you're spinning your wheels.

7-Band receive frequency range: 76-108 (FM Radio), 108-136 (AM), 136-180 (FM), 230-250 (FM), 350-400 (FM), 400-512 (FM), 700-985 (FM)

John

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
According to several sites (see below), the rig only does a part of the UHF MilAir spectrum and only with FM. Since most UHF MilAir is AM, it looks like you're spinning your wheels.

7-Band receive frequency range: 76-108 (FM Radio), 108-136 (AM), 136-180 (FM), 230-250 (FM), 350-400 (FM), 400-512 (FM), 700-985 (FM)

John

I noticed the specs said FM on 230 so now that I see it should be AM another CCR to avoid if wanting to listen to AM.

farty

Doh double checked some of the frequencies & found they were outside the 250mhz limit hence the out of band warning coming up, Lots of frequencies above 250 mhz in the military band so radio not really up to it. The frequencies below 250 mhz excepted the AM receive..So for prog purposes does not matter am/fm Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Intend programming the uv9d non plus model tomorrow.
Many thanks for trying to help. Farty

Status
Not open for further replies.