• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

wouxun kg 950p radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbill0013

my wife gave me one of these radios for christmas. after programing the radio with 10 frequencies i tryed to scan the ten freqs and all it scans is 4 of the ten that are programed. to see if they all loaded correctly i reconnected thecable and after reading from radio it shows all ten frequencys in memory.
any suggestions??????????????????????????

nd5y

I haven't seen the the programming software for that radio but I assume it is similar to the software for their hand helds.
It should have an entry for each channel to scan or skip the channel.
Make sure all the channels you want to scan are enabled.

WB4CS

Another thing to try...

What frequencies do you have programmed into the radio that won't scan? Are they frequencies that the radio is capable of receiving?

CaptDan

Another thing - if it's like the 920, besides being able to program each channel to scan or not, there are "blocks" of channels in the radio than can be set to scan as a block, or the entire radio. If the 10 frequencies are entered into channels 1 thru 10 then this should not be the issue.

wildbill0013

hey capt dan, i thought the same thing as far as the scan blocks, when i go the the section on setting scan blocks i highlighted "all" but it still seems to only scan 4 out of the 10 that are in memory. i then tryed to try scanning just block "1" which is channels 1-99 but still only scanning 4 out of ten.
i am stumped?

wildbill0013

kg-uv950p

just to keep everyone in the loop it seems to be a software problem with this radio. i spoke with the mfg and they are in the process of trying to figure out why it wont scan if you program it by software but yet will scan if you enter them manually. with the radio having 999 channels of memory i dont see programming that many channels into the radio by hand so i think i will just wait to see when they come out with a patch.

lerymup

Known Wouxun UV-950p Issue

I have the same programming issue. Its been out there in complaints for the past 2 months anyway. Dealer says they are "working" on it. I am going to eat the restock charge to get it out of my sight. Lesson learned.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I do not see the answer to the question about what programmed frequencies are not showing up when scanning. Wonder if they are outside band the radio covers?

wildbill0013

coverage?

all the frequencies that are programmed into the radio are within specs to include offsets and pl tones. the problem is in the software, we spoke to the dealer and he tried the same frequencies on multiple radios in his shop and they are doing the same thing. i have them programmed into the radio manually and they scan fine. the problem is not he radio.i would not give up on this rig it is a soild radio if you are willing to overlook the software issue.

wildbill0013

just to keep everyone in the loop i want to let everyone know that the new software works perfectly i can now scan all channels programed into the radio using the software

Status
Not open for further replies.