• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun KG-UV6D "Frequency Mode"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5ODK

Manual says "Menu" -> "S/D" puts you into frequency mode. I enter that sequence and get the six dashes for frequency input. I input a valid frequency (example: 4 4 4 0 0 0) and it immediately goes back to the previous channel I was on. How can I input a frequency so I can program a channel by hand????

TIA,
Bob

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

thomast77

Manual says "Menu" -> "S/D" puts you into frequency mode. I enter that sequence and get the six dashes for frequency input. I input a valid frequency (example: 4 4 4 0 0 0) and it immediately goes back to the previous channel I was on. How can I input a frequency so I can program a channel by hand????

TIA,
Bob

If I am correct it would be the same as the KGUV2D. Try menu+2+1+menu and change it to FREQ mode with the up/down arrow keys. Then press menu again then exit. That will put you in freq mode so you can program memories manually.

Edited to add: Here is a youtube video that should help with manual programming.

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if the 6D is the same as the 6X that Powerwerx lists, but the 6X is being sold as more of a commecial radio and the instruction sheet that I saw included in a 6 (not sure if it was D or X) (and the sheet was seperate from the book) said that you had to enable the menus in the programming software to get frequency edit.
I don't have one here to try that, but if you have the software and cable, check the options for something like "Menu Enable".
The Powerwerx website says they come keyboard locked to meet FCC regulations.
Wouxun KG-UV6X Dual Band VHF/UHF 200 Channel Handheld Commercial Radio [KG-UV6X] - $174.99

VA3JO

Re: http://www.youtube.com Video

If I am correct it would be the same as the KGUV2D. Try menu+2+1+menu and change it to FREQ mode with the up/down arrow keys. Then press menu again then exit. That will put you in freq mode so you can program memories manually.

Edited to add: Here is a youtube video that should help with manual programming.

The Video at Wouxun KG-UVD1P Programming Guide *ENGLISH* UV2D UV3D - YouTube is actually very good. The manual is in places grammatically quite poor. If you've been around and have had other recent up-to-date equipment, you'll be fine just pressing buttons and getting it right. But if not, this video will get you where you need to go!

My problem was quite simple: To make some settings (for example to select Power Settings), you need to Get Out of the Channel Setting, and Move into the Frequency Setting. From the Video: Simply Press Menu followed by TDR. To go back to Channel Setting, Same Thing! Menu - TDR :)

KF5ODK

The 6D is much different than the earlier models. Yes the manual is very poor. And I have enabled menus in the software. What the manual says will enable freq mode does not work.

KF5ODK

Ok I'm an idiot. My interpretation of the manual had me attempting to enter a frequency when it was actually asking me for a password. If you have a "mode password" set (which was 121212 out of the box) it will display six dashes "-" when you do Menu -> 2 -> 2 -> Menu. I thought it was asking for a frequency... Once I got my head wrapped around that I was able to enter frequency mode. I also found in the manual that if you set the "mode password" to 000000 (via the software) it will not prompt for a password...

Status
Not open for further replies.