• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun KG-UV6X

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just curious if anybody out there has bought any Wouxun radios and had the issue with the desktop charger.

I have a brand new radio and when I place it onto the desktop charger the cradle makes a high pitch hissing noise. The radio ends of charging fine but I have to put it in the other room while I charge it because it makes me crazy hearing that high pitch noise.

A guy at Powerwerx.com said that this noise is normal but I beg to differ. They said that they would replace the cradle so we will see.

The radio is pretty cheap for the price so this might just be normal for this chinese made radio

pepsima1

Banned
Thanks. Sounds like I got a bad one. Shipping back today for a replacement. I knew from the beginning that this was not normal.

an39511

Power supplies and chargers that make hissing noises are usually switching power supplies. Under no load or light load they sometimes make noise. I have heard it on other power supplies but not on any Wouxuns I have, which are 3 of them. BTW I think the hissing is quite annoying too.

pepsima1

Banned
The tech as Powerwerx said that since I am a younger guy that I would hear the high pitch hissing noise, but he did say that since he is an older gentleman that these higher pitch noises he can't hear anymore so it doesnt bother him and its normal. haha. nope its not normal especially when you take it new out of the box and the first charging session out of the gate is annoying and you want to jump off of your roof to get away from the noise.

pete7919

The tech as Powerwerx said that since I am a younger guy that I would hear the high pitch hissing noise, but he did say that since he is an older gentleman that these higher pitch noises he can't hear anymore so it doesnt bother him and its normal. haha. nope its not normal especially when you take it new out of the box and the first charging session out of the gate is annoying and you want to jump off of your roof to get away from the noise.

HA never heard that excuse before. Some of these radio dealers and the crap they try to get us to believe! For what it's worth I've had good luck with Baofeng radios. They are about $40 vs $100+ for the Wouxuns. Some differences between the two of course.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Never had a problem. My son has never said he hears a problem. Even with hearing aides, no problem.

brndnstffrd

2 of my Wouxun chargers make that noise when they are not charging a battery. I just unplug them when i am not using them, but that noise is still beyond annoying.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
My older charger was fine, but the newer one squealed. Very annoying. I use the older one and tossed the newer one in the spares box.

photoguy2

Mine makes that noise.
HA never heard that excuse before. Some of these radio dealers and the crap they try to get us to believe! For what it's worth I've had good luck with Baofeng radios. They are about $40 vs $100+ for the Wouxuns. Some differences between the two of course.

Actually, it's true. I'm 17, and can hear the dam thing across the house. Parents can't hear it at all. Also, I have both the Baofeng and Wouxun, and the Wouxun is worth the extra (IMHO). The front end is much better, and it's built much tougher, it's not Moto quality, but it's not half bad.

Makes you wonder why they would not bother to fix it. The charger for my uv3 did it too, and that was 2 years ago. Heak, my Baofeng BF-888s charger (The epitome of cheap) does not make that noise.

Matt

Last edited:

CaptDan

None of my chargers make any noise at all - Wouxun or Baofeng - 2 of my Wouxun's had to be replaced within first couple of months. Both radio's have their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.