• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Mobile Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Hey I just got my Dual Bander and wanted to know if anyone else has taken there portable and turned it into a mobile. Basicly added a 12volt source for power, Remote Mic and speaker. I am adding a antenna on my truck for mine and going to wire a remote speaker and mic but not sure on how to make it all come together. I bought a SMA-F to SO-239 adapter from Universal Radio and got a 3.5mm plug from mono audio plug from Radio Shack along with a PL-259 to BNC( just in case I needed it. Now my question is where can I get a pinout on how to make a Motorola or Kenwood mobile mic work plug in to say a 8 wire phone jack so I can run wire to a 2.5mm plug for the mic to work. so basicly i am wanting to use the radio like a speaker mic would but on a much bigger scale. haha. of coure when i do this i will post pics of how i get it all to work togethter.

any thoughts or ideas.

so far i have the 130 bucks for the radio, 10 bucks in parts from Radio Shack and 10 bucks from universal radio. i already had the remote speaker and both kenwood and moto mikes just laying around.

I also have found out that the 3.5 mm plug for the speak is too big. Going to radio shack tomorrow to figure some things out

wv8mat

ok so i have discovered this is going to be a project for fun, because i am about to go nuts trying to follow drawing and schematics haha..... basicly i a have a Moto Mobile Mic with 4 wires. Green-PTT, Red-Mic Audio, Black-Ground, Blue-Mic Hook. so i am going to run this mic thru a phone/ethernet jack so it can be east to plug in and unplug. I am going to wire this in to a project box so i can keep all the wires straight. I know some of you are going why not just use a speaker mic and be done, but i am wanting to custom something and most of all just have some fun doing it.

fineshot1

Couple of suggestions.

1. The "SMA-F to SO-239 adapter" should be the cable type(conn on each end)
due to the stress a solid adapter can put on the radios rf sma connector.

2. Make sure the moto mic element is of the same or of close impedance match
that is required for your make/model radio.

Have fun & happy hunting at RS.

Squad10

Handheld portable transceivers use (internal and external) electret microphones.

You may want to read this Dynamic to electret mic

before you direct wire and end up with unacceptable transmit audio level.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Mic Ideas

Generally, most of those chinese ht's on the market now are compatible with Kenwood commerical ht accy's like mics. These are very cheap on ebay, so you might want to consider something like:

radio Speaker Mic for KENWOOD PUXING WEIERWEI Linton - eBay (item 170484674945 end time May-14-10 01:46:05 PDT)

Of course if you go with that exact model you have problems outputting audio to an external speaker, since the speaker mic plug would probably need to go in. (most commercial speaker mics have the mic and spkr plugs bonded together with .5 inches of plastic.) You may be able, if you are careful, to cut/grind off the speaker plug, so it doesn't get in the way.

Otherwise, you might consider a ham radio type speaker mic, because usually the two plugs are not bonded together, so you can easily plug in one or the other.

What I used to do, many years ago with an ht mobile setup is, use a decent speaker mic, and wear it across my lap belt. This put the audio and the mic where I needed it. This is made by many companies, such as MFJ and others.

JB

wv8mat

well a friend of mine had a speaker mic for his VX-5 so he gave it to me for my project. well i looked at it and it is a 4 wire single plug. so this make look a little easier. just need to make a few "Jumper" type connections and test and hopefully this will work good. i am going to get a sma to so-259 and make the cable about 8 or 10 in long so it will take stress of the radio sma port, thanks for the idea about that

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the Amateur Equipment forum. Please use "All Other Receivers" for devices that receive only.

hdnet1

Most mics have a speaker jack on the bottom of the mic, and the one you linked to seems to have one as well.

Generally, most of those chinese ht's on the market now are compatible with Kenwood commerical ht accy's like mics. These are very cheap on ebay, so you might want to consider something like:

radio Speaker Mic for KENWOOD PUXING WEIERWEI Linton - eBay (item 170484674945 end time May-14-10 01:46:05 PDT)

Of course if you go with that exact model you have problems outputting audio to an external speaker, since the speaker mic plug would probably need to go in. (most commercial speaker mics have the mic and spkr plugs bonded together with .5 inches of plastic.) You may be able, if you are careful, to cut/grind off the speaker plug, so it doesn't get in the way.

Otherwise, you might consider a ham radio type speaker mic, because usually the two plugs are not bonded together, so you can easily plug in one or the other.

What I used to do, many years ago with an ht mobile setup is, use a decent speaker mic, and wear it across my lap belt. This put the audio and the mic where I needed it. This is made by many companies, such as MFJ and others.

JB

wv8mat

well i ran into a problem when i took the end off the yaesu mic, 4 contact single pin mic, and added the 3 contact 3.5 mm plug. the plug seated into the radio just fine, but when i push the ptt button on the mic, nothing. the radio did not key up. when i push the ptt button on the radio only the radio mic picked up me talking. the speaker mic did nothing. any ideas??

N8IAA

well i ran into a problem when i took the end off the yaesu mic, 4 contact single pin mic, and added the 3 contact 3.5 mm plug. the plug seated into the radio just fine, but when i push the ptt button on the mic, nothing. the radio did not key up. when i push the ptt button on the radio only the radio mic picked up me talking. the speaker mic did nothing. any ideas??

Get a cheap Kenwood/knockoff mic that has the speaker jack on it and plug in the external speaker. The Yaesu won't work on your ht without a lot of modifying:(
Larry

wv8mat

what will happen if i would take a 2.5 y adapter and a 3.5mm y adapter and using the 1 each with a speaker mic and the the other 2.5 for a amplified speaker.

wv8mat

ok so I just got my speaker mic from kawamall on ebay and the 12volt battery elimator from ebay, cant remember the seller. Went to radio shack and cant find anything to work in making my spliters. they have every 3.5 mm you could want but not the 2.5 i also needed. So this project is on hold for about another week while the splitters i ordered come from ebay land. haha. I havent thought to much on a radio holder to mount to the floor. I was thinking of something basic. and cheap. that is really the whole point of me posting as i go to make a portable into a cheap and useful mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.