• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun mobile.....yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Vaporware!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone have any information on the release date for the Wouxon Dualband Mobile? Thought it should have been released by now.

Greg

At this point I think this thing is imaginary, because no one has posted any real pics of it or has even claimed to see one as far as I know.

n9zas

SCPD

QRT
Yeah Hello!

Its still coming out,just keep waiting.Whats it been a year and a half so far?

jhooten

reedeb

I see you can reserve one BUT without a price or date they will be shipped it's a little like saying nhere's my card number PLEASE rip me off.

No thanks, IF I want one I'll wait till they come out WITH a set price and date of shipment. I may have been born at night, BUT it weren't last night!

n5ims

I see you can reserve one BUT without a price or date they will be shipped it's a little like saying nhere's my card number PLEASE rip me off.

No thanks, IF I want one I'll wait till they come out WITH a set price and date of shipment. I may have been born at night, BUT it weren't last night!

Did you read their reservation credit card information (it was in red and reinforced in the yellow box). "NO PAYMENT or Credit Card Information is needed - We will contact you once we receive the final price and release date. You have the option of purchasing the radio at that time. NO OBLIGATION"

In actually, when you'd select how you'll be paying for the radio, you select "RESERVE KG-UV920R", not "PayPal" or "CHECK/MoneyOrder". It's pretty hard for them to rip you off with that method of payment.

Reserving one is pretty much saying "I'd like one so let me know when they're available." What it's not saying is "Here's my credit card, I'll pay anything to have one of the first ones available."

Zagadka

At this point I think this thing is imaginary, because no one has posted any real pics of it or has even claimed to see one as far as I know.

Not entirely true. Ed at Wouxun US says he saw it in China recently. HERE at the bottom of the page.

Not that it makes much difference.

gewecke

Banned
Not entirely true. Ed at Wouxun US says he saw it in China recently. HERE at the bottom of the page.

Not that it makes much difference.

That looks like a photoshopped image, so I still think it's a daydream.
Anybody see a real pic of that thing yet?

n9zas

K

kb0nly

Here is some pictures that were part of a review i found online... They should be available soon, but then we keep hearing that!

The disappointing news is that they will not be cheap.

Attachments

• 39fa447d60f88d247d154bb0d.jpg
    39fa447d60f88d247d154bb0d.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,458
  • 160eb2cd8d95a3ca047414bd2.jpg
    160eb2cd8d95a3ca047414bd2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • 068172dc594ad0e75eace6a96.jpg
    068172dc594ad0e75eace6a96.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,993
  • a46ce2fc838af72991f90ca6b.jpg
    a46ce2fc838af72991f90ca6b.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,566
  • cfcb24719baf33f22b9ad7dbd.jpg
    cfcb24719baf33f22b9ad7dbd.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,609
K

kb0nly

A couple more...

The website with these pictures was in a different language, i got a friend to translate and we then converted to US currency, they are being announced overseas in the $300++ range depending on conversion rates.

Attachments

• eb5c7f90be837423b61d0a90d.jpg
    eb5c7f90be837423b61d0a90d.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,445
  • fda0cb3fcda60c62ef6cb315b.jpg
    fda0cb3fcda60c62ef6cb315b.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,448

speedmaster

I would LOVE to see them come out with an affordable HF base radio. But considering how long it's taking them to get this mobile out the door, that doesn't look promising.

K

kb0nly

I would LOVE to see them come out with an affordable HF base radio. But considering how long it's taking them to get this mobile out the door, that doesn't look promising.

Same thought here... I know a lot of people that are dying to get a cheap HF rig on the market. But considering how many years they have been promising a simple, well relatively simple VHF/UHF mobile i highly doubt we will see anything like that. Or if we did maybe in 5-10 years at the speed they work! LOL

The Alinco DX-SR8 is about the cheapest on the market right now, average price just over $500.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It bears a vague resemblance to the Kenwood TM-V71A.

Yes is does. To be quite honest if the mobile units from Wouxun are as quirky as the portables in operation I don't want one. The TM-V71A is a great little radio and if the Wouxun is going to cost $300.00 plus dollars I'm happy I went with the kenwood for a few more bucks.

gewecke

Banned
Interesting. That's the first real photo of that radio I've seen to date.
There might be hope for that company yet! ;)

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
It is amazing to see actual pictures of it...didn't think it was ever going to be released.

Hell, until I saw those images I figured it was someone's wet dream,lol!
now I'm mildly interested in one.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.