• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun radios and narrowbanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogan

I was looking into getting a dualband HT with dual receive and display for 2mtrs and 440. I like that for 120.00 and free shipping I can get A nice radio KG-UV3D. Now Wouxun has A KG-UV6X I see the antenna conector is has changed, 71 more memory cahanels,128 is fine for me.Dual charging slot. also not an issue.Wide receive also not an issue for me because the 3D gives you options on the receive.The UV6X gives you 2.5 khz step for narrow band compliance but cost 55.00 more. Is this a must have feature or just something the new radios will have because of FCC changes. At the present time my budget allows for a 120.00 radio. But for 175.00 I start looking at more radios and other brands and most are not narrowband yet.

mancow

Database Admin
It's a must have if you are wanting to operate on the four decimal place frequencies such as VTAC12 154.4525.

LtDoc

For amateur use it isn't necessary. If you're going to use it under Part-90 (commercial stuff), then it's a pretty good idea.
- 'Doc

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Grogan!

If you get it from these guys Lentini Communications, Inc. it is only $159.95 for the complete package with the program cable, software and shipping. They give you the single charger not the dual one. This latest version is definitely worth getting over the older one.

Manny

Last edited:

grogan

Ok, Today I called Lenti and placed my order for the KG-UV6D and it should be here in 2 or so days, Thanks for your help. I made my purchase after getting a new job today after a layoff at Thanksgiving. New Job and new radio, I will need it to listen to with all the driving And overtime work I will be doing this summer.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
KG-UV6X vs KG-UV6D V2

Does anyone know the difference between the KG-UV6X vs KG-UV6D V2? Or are they the same thing?

I can't seem to find a company/website that carries both.

Status
Not open for further replies.