SDS100/SDS200: Wow (SDS100 new user reaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Funny, I am still working on the SDS 200. You never fully understand everything. At least I never do, but I manage somehow.

tkerins

I bought the same scanner recently and have been very happy with it until today. I noticed in the 'other' band which is supposed to be for FRS, GMRS, & MURS it will not pick up FRS/GMRS broadcasts. I have tried with several transceivers I own and none of them come through. MURS picks up ok though. I have even selected a specific frequency like FRS channel 1 and turned off the squelch and transmitted but still nothing. Has anyone else tested the BC75XLT with FRS/GMRS??

Ubbe

I have even selected a specific frequency like FRS channel 1 and turned off the squelch and transmitted but still nothing.
When you turned off the squelch, did you get noise and when you transmitted on the same frequency there was still noise and no transmission could be heard?

If you didn't hear any noise when you turned off the squelch it means that you have that channel under subtone control, CTCSS or DCS and there's a mismatch with your transmitters subtone selection. Or you have the channel set to digital mode that doesn't give noise when the squelch are turned off.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.