Wow! This must really work like no other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Wow! This must really work like no other!

CLP-3100N Log Periodic Antenna
clear1x1.gif

Our Price: $6,250.00 :D

Availability: Usually Ships in 4 to 6 Weeks
Product Code: 40-541276

Call or Email to Order

Contact Us
Scanner Master Police Scanners Corporation
260 Hopping Brook Road Holliston, MA 01746
P: 508-474-6880
F: 508-429-0800
Toll Free: 1-800-SCANNER
E-mail us

CLP-3100N Log Periodic Antenna | Scanner Master

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

prcguy

They work good enough to where the CLP-5130-2N version was installed in the nose of a test bed aircraft running radar cross section measurements on a well known stealth aircraft because more expensive high end log periodics would not fit in the test bed nose cone.
prcguy

Ubbe

For $500 you get the 21 element 50-1300MHz antenna and $600 will get you the 27 element 30-1300MHz version.

I use a 170-600MHz model and it works really well.

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
One of our area Southwestern Bell central office buildings had a huge log periodic on it but it was for HF work. That thing hung over the sides of the roof it was so big.
Someone told me the rotor motor was either 5 or 10 horsepower and three phase. Can't imagine what it used for a brake.

They used to be a part of a nationwide HF civil defense network and ran nets once per month or week back then. It is gone today and has been for 15 or more years now. That thing was probably up on that tall roof for 40 years before they removed it. That one would have cost well over 10 grand!

I saw them replacing some elements on it one year after a storm. That was the only time I saw it rotate and yes, it did bounce back and forth a bit when stopped. It appeared to use commercial antenna tower for the boom but it did not sag. That antenna had to weigh 2 or 3 tons. It did have cable rigging on the mast which extended several feet higher. They ran heavy cable from the top of the high mast to the ends of the boom to keep it from sagging and breaking.
I always wondered what the impedance was at the feedpoint. I did find some info on those antennas they used for that civil defense group but it is long gone today. Wish I had a picture of the thing as it was quite impressive looking even when looking at it from a half mile away were you could see it all.

Ubbe

Each embassy here had that HF LP antenna with a rotor. Sometimes they pointed in a different direction but mostly they pointed at their home country. They now have switched to other ways to communicate to their home country if all local communications would fail.

/Ubbe

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The FAA facility up in Nashua, NH used to have a big HF log-periodic that was visible from Route 3.

I use a DPD Productions 118-1000 MHz LP Antenna. It works pretty good.

73 Eric

N9JIG

Sheriff
Creative CLP-5130-1N Antenna 50-1300 MHz Log Periodic

Retail Price: $519.95
You Save: $60.00
Your Price: $459.95

That is a different antenna than the original poster mentioned. ScannerMaster has this one for $479.95 and a smaller one for $349.95.

The $6000+ antenna (CLP-3100N) is twice the length and has more elements. They are special order only and were included for some project years ago that has long been forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.