BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetGeek

Hi all. Been scanning since 1980 and recently bought two BCD436HP. Wow, technology sure has advanced since my first handheld four channel crystal scanner. Just wanted to say I am having lots of fun and extremely satisfied with them.

Thanks

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. Been scanning since 1980 and recently bought two BCD436HP. Wow, technology sure has advanced since my first handheld four channel crystal scanner. Just wanted to say I am having lots of fun and extremely satisfied with them.

Thanks

The technology may have changed, however the interest remains...

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
That is so true. From my first RS Patrolman Pro 77A , (which I still own, but have not used in 30 Plus years), to my BCD 436. And all my scanners in between. The enthusiasm has not changed. Still Love this hobby.

The Pro77A was my first as well. Beautiful piece of hardware for its time. Sad that mine got stolen from my Jeep. #Nostalgia.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Still Have These Base Stations

My First was the Pro 77A. Got it as Christmas Gift from my parent's. I'm guessing around 1976. Just loved those speeding amber lights that this Scanner produced. 8 Channels of VHF Hi and Lo. Then came the Pro- 2001. Got this one around 1979. No more Cystals. This was my first programmable scanner with Direct Entry of Frequencies. Doubled the Chaneels to 16 to Scan! This one followed me to College days. Then the Pro-2006. A really great Scanner. A whopping 400 Cannels. These three Base Units give me som much memories. I even upgraded my Pro-2006 with the "OptoScan 456". Also was able to hear Analog Cell Phones on this Scanner. It was quite the Scanner. Just can't part with them. Even though I never use them anymore. :)

Attachments

• 112391FD-BF9C-4ADF-B9C0-ACDCFE164F65.jpg
    112391FD-BF9C-4ADF-B9C0-ACDCFE164F65.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 447
Status
Not open for further replies.