WQHV550 -- Morgan Co 450 Mhz Trunked License

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

The WQHV550 license has been around for years. I've been following it. Various information submitted over the years, by Morgan Co to the FCC, indicate that this is a trunked site that originally was supposed to be on a VISTPCA tower but then eventually was scheduled to be installed on a Verizon Wireless / CellCo Partnership tower.

Numerous requests for extension of time [to construct] were filed by Morgan Co and granted. The last one indicated that the Verizon tower was up and that Morgan Co anticipated having this trunked system live as of 4th Quarter 2010. Documents submitted to the FCC by Morgan Co indicate that the P25 trunked system and associated mobile radios, etc. were obtained from the state.

I have no idea if (a) this site is live, (b) this site is going to be part of WVSIRN at some point. But it'd be nice if somebody near Berkeley Springs can do some sleuthing and see if there is a trunked control active on one of the frequencies listed below. If somebody discovers this site to be online, please submit the relevant information to the DB. We'd need to know the various info about the system such as (a) System ID, (b) Site ID, WACN, NAC, primary and alternate control channels, and any site neighbors.

Supporting Documentation:
Site Location: Google Map
License: WQHV550

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applAdmin.jsp?applID=5495263
-- specifically the attachments on this page

It'll be interesting to see if this site is live, if this site is a standalone system, or if it has a SIRN system ID.

Mike

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I cannot confirm any CC, but I do know for sure the sheriff's office, fire, EMS and WV SP Romney dispatch are on digital and are broadcast on the Berkeley Co. site. My guess is one or both of thier sites are online and working with the statewide syste.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Interesting. I'd think the Berkeley Springs site would be online, and since the state issued the radios it makes me think that the end goal would be connectivity to the statewide system. Given that you're hearing a lot of Morgan Co activity on the Berkeley Co site, I'd have to agree.

Hopefully somebody reading this is within range of Berkeley Springs in Morgan Co, has a digital scanner, and is willing to do some sleuthing.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.