WQOM462: CALIFORNIA, STATE OF

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Scouring FCC records for Ventura county I came across WQOM462 which I wasn’t aware of & entered the frequencies in one of my scanners with discone roof antenna late this afternoon. Nothing so far. Hey, it’s Friday evening & Simi Valley is a stretch from Ventura .

Does anyone have info on
WQOM462
Emissions: 11K2F3E
3 base locations in Simi Valley

151.1375 FB
154.4525 FB
155.7525 FB
158.7375 FB
159.4725 FB
453.2125 FB/FB2
453.4625 FB
453.7125 FB
453.8625 FB
458.2125 FX1
458.2625 FX1
458.7125 FX1
458.8625 FX1
NOTE: No Mobiles indicated.

MikeyC

Scouring FCC records for Ventura county I came across WQOM462 which I wasn’t aware of & entered the frequencies in one of my scanners with discone roof antenna late this afternoon. Nothing so far. Hey, it’s Friday evening & Simi Valley is a stretch from Ventura .

Does anyone have info on
WQOM462
Emissions: 11K2F3E
3 base locations in Simi Valley

151.1375 FB
154.4525 FB
155.7525 FB
158.7375 FB
159.4725 FB
453.2125 FB/FB2
453.4625 FB
453.7125 FB
453.8625 FB
458.2125 FX1
458.2625 FX1
458.7125 FX1
458.8625 FX1
NOTE: No Mobiles indicated.
They're interop frequencies - VTAC11, VTAC12, VCALL10, VTAC13, VTAC14, UCALL40, UTAC41, UTAC42, UTAC43 and the related inputs 5 MHz higher :)

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks MikeyC.
It never dawned on me to check interop frequencies. A check of these frequencies in the RRDB Interop listing (National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) verifies that the inputs for the UHF frequencies are 5 MHz above the repeater frequencies as is standard procedure. However, the VHF inputs are NOT 5 MHz above the repeater as also per FCC standards.

As shown above, the FCC lists the VHF frequencies as FB. If they are repeaters per interop specifications, why aren’t they FB2 (the same for the UHF)?

Has anyone in the local area monitored transmissions on any of WQOM462's frequencies? Are there any regularly scheduled tests?

ecps92

There is likely other licenses for the actual Repeaters [they Generally under the State Control] and these look [IMHO] to be for a specific site location [due to the FX1 aka Control station]

Thanks MikeyC.
It never dawned on me to check interop frequencies. A check of these frequencies in the RRDB Interop listing (National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) verifies that the inputs for the UHF frequencies are 5 MHz above the repeater frequencies as is standard procedure. However, the VHF inputs are NOT 5 MHz above the repeater as also per FCC standards.

As shown above, the FCC lists the VHF frequencies as FB. If they are repeaters per interop specifications, why aren’t they FB2 (the same for the UHF)?

Has anyone in the local area monitored transmissions on any of WQOM462's frequencies? Are there any regularly scheduled tests?

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
That license and many others are typically fixed gateway infrastructure on mountain tops that are normally off, and remotely turned on as needed. Interop freqs can be both FB and FB2 depending on configuration. They can be setup to simply link bands together, putting everything in the VHF side out the UHF and 800 side, and vice versa. They can be remote bases for simplex field traffic brought into a dispatch center. They can also be stand-alone repeaters, or do the full package mode, repeat and link.

Counties and cities own, maintain, operate and control these systems. There are agreements and procedures in place where if one system needs to be turned on, they typically coordinate with the state warning center of who-what-when-where-why to avoid any conflicts with other agencies that might be using their own gateways. The state doesn't have any fixed infrastructure on these freqs, but they have a lot of mobile and portable infrastructure that can rapidly respond to fill a need where fixed assets aren't available.

In Butte County after learning from Oroville Dam and Camp Fire incidents, put a system in place on a mountain top that happened to cover 90% of the evacuation/response area for the recent blow out on the North Complex fire. They were seeing Camp Fire 2.0 looming over them and hit the big red button that sent the likes of Alameda County, Sac Metro PD, Yuba County, among many other law enforcement code 3 mutual aid for evacuations and then surge force patrol for the closed areas afterward. Each agency simply turned their radios to their respective VTAC, UTAC and 8TAC. Butte County Sheriff tied those into their main dispatch net, as well as their new Phase 2 700 Trunked system and suddenly everyone was on the same channel with full dispatch. Other than a few instances of forgetting to use clear text, it was pretty flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.