WRCJ627 (JEFFERSON COUNTY 9-1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
can someone verify this info;
it shows it as nexedge . to my knowledge there is only one nexedge system . and that is midfeild police.
if you look at the emissions list it show turbro.
nexedge is a kenwood system i dont think its possible to patch a kenwood to motorola system .

Abmahaffey

can someone verify this info;
it shows it as nexedge . to my knowledge there is only one nexedge system . and that is midfeild police.
if you look at the emissions list it show turbro.
nexedge is a kenwood system i dont think its possible to patch a kenwood to motorola system .
To my knowledge all the radios that have been distributed to the Fire Departments from Jeffco 911 have been Kenwood radios

medic9351301

Banned
then its going to be a nexedge sytem. cause kenwood is nexedge,
i really find this hard to believe 2 seperate radio systems. this is going to be a huge mess,
kenwood must have gave jefferson county theses radios.
unless your scanners can decode nexedge we are out of the game,
this is starting to sound like Sevier County tenn.

Julian1

I made several searches such as, “Kenwood Jefferson County, AL”, New radios Jefferson County, AL,” etc… and nothing comes up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

medic9351301

Banned
From what i can gather its 3 nexedge conventional repeaters. If you go to jefferson county 911 website in the board mins. There is talk of a backup system being talked about. I think the tower is off 280 past the old south prect, up on that hill on your right going into homewood.
Also if you look 453.800 is not even listed to that license .

Last edited:

Abmahaffey

I’m not necessarily “in the loop” but from what I’ve been able to gather is that this system will be strictly used as a backup system in the event that the AIRS system goes down, so far jeffco 911 has put in a base station at every fire department that they dispatch for, and are currently in the process of getting handheld radios for each department (1 for every piece of apparatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.