Wrecker Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

I've been looking very hard for a freq for Paul's Wrecker located in Bartlesville ...They do have a Yagi beam pointed S.W. so i know they are using the mobiles but what is there freq ? . There in the 800 band ...I've been trying to get there freq for yr's ..I've put in the address and zip code on the fcc site but no go .

iamhere300

I've been looking very hard for a freq for Paul's Wrecker located in Bartlesville ...They do have a Yagi beam pointed S.W. so i know they are using the mobiles but what is there freq ? . There in the 800 band ...I've been trying to get there freq for yr's ..I've put in the address and zip code on the fcc site but no go .

Most likely - and I am sure that I am wrong and you will correct me, they are on one of the commercial 800 MHZ trunking systems, or on a UHF commercial system where they lease airtime.

Many businesses are like that.

KOK5CY

There Yagi beam is pointed SW and i know for sure it's a 800 system ... If it was trunked i would have found the freq a long time ago ...I've looked up the Yagi style and it has 3 short radials on both sides of the boom ....

peterjmag

My friend's family owns Paul's wrecker. I could ask him but then again you would probably say I am wrong or that Bartlesville is Osage county pssssffftttt....

peterjmag

There Yagi beam is pointed SW and i know for sure it's a 800 system ... If it was trunked i would have found the freq a long time ago ...I've looked up the Yagi style and it has 3 short radials on both sides of the boom ....

Nope Wrong! Just got off the phone with one of the owners and they are on VHF. So how did you know for sure it was 800? Or should you have said I think instead of I know for sure? It is clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about and when pressed with facts can't admit when you are wrong. Psssfffttt!

iamhere300

Nope Wrong! Just got off the phone with one of the owners and they are on VHF. So how did you know for sure it was 800? Or should you have said I think instead of I know for sure? It is clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about and when pressed with facts can't admit when you are wrong. Psssfffttt!

Wheres that plate... Let me step up to it...

HEY, I was wrong! I figured they may be on a trunking or CR system - partially based on KOOKY saying 800 Mhz.

I WAS WRONG.

Not hard at all to admit. Someone else should try it!

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
LOL... I like the reporter too. (Come on guys, I like women my age!)

Maybe the joke was lost in translation. The youtube video someone copy/pasted here earlier referenced the little boy who answered "I like turtles" to a completely unrelated question. That's what I feel like we're doing here sometimes when some people ask a question and then try to argue with the answer.

iamhere300

Maybe the joke was lost in translation. The youtube video someone copy/pasted here earlier referenced the little boy who answered "I like turtles" to a completely unrelated question. That's what I feel like we're doing here sometimes when some people ask a question and then try to argue with the answer.

I posted it.

I was referencing the reporter in the video. In the follow up to the video she cleans up really well.

I like turtles...

KOK5CY

I'm not laughing about this .....Let me ask this then ...The last time i seen 1 of there truck's which was a few day's ago . They have 2 antenna's on the cab roof ...1 i know is the cell and the other is VHF ...They do use VHF to contact the county and city ....They use to run on VHF back in the late 80's but then the other wrecker companies started to listen in on there call's and that's when they switched to 800mhz ...

iamhere300

I'm not laughing about this .....Let me ask this then ...The last time i seen 1 of there truck's which was a few day's ago . They have 2 antenna's on the cab roof ...1 i know is the cell and the other is VHF ...They do use VHF to contact the county and city ....They use to run on VHF back in the late 80's but then the other wrecker companies started to listen in on there call's and that's when they switched to 800mhz ...

You are not laughing? ooooohhhhh. Ok then.

Lets clean this up a bit.

Owners of the company state that they are on VHF.

You state they are on 800.

You had to ask here, and then you argue.

What would the owners know?

Did you have a tough time in grade school getting along?

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire

What do you mean they switched to 800mhz? Peterjmag just gave you first hand knowledge that your information is wrong....ahem...again.

KOK5CY

Lets just say ...I know for a FACT there using 800 mhz ....Peterjmag If there using Vhf then how come there not listed on the FCC site huh ? .

If you can prove there on Vhf and have a FCC issued Call Sign i'll by it and i'll ADMIT i was wrong ...

But i'll bet 100-1 there on 800 Trunked and they have no call sign issued ...

iamhere300

Lets just say ...I know for a FACT there using 800 mhz ....Peterjmag If there using Vhf then how come there not listed on the FCC site huh ? .

If you can prove there on Vhf and have a FCC issued Call Sign i'll by it and i'll ADMIT i was wrong ...

K0OKY, K0OKY, K0OKY....

What is your deal?

In message you posted after I suggested 800 trunked you wrote, and I quote,

There Yagi beam is pointed SW and i know for sure it's a 800 system ... If it was trunked i would have found the freq a long time ago ...I've looked up the Yagi style and it has 3 short radials on both sides of the boom ....,

Now, you are swearing that they must be 800 trunked.

so what is it, do you bet they are on 800 trunked or not?

Do you confuse yourself often?

Do you think that being on 800 Mhz trunked means you automatically don't get listed in the FCC database?

YouTube - Zombie Kid Likes Turtles

Last edited:

ffemt601

They could lease space on a shared system and thus wouldn't be the licensee for either vhf or uhf. So the truck only has 2 antennas and one is a cellular and one is a VHF? Hum, then were is the uhf antenna for the 800?

peterjmag

He told me that they can talk to BPD and BFD and WCSO direct. He also said that they are carrying Kenwood TK-2180 handhelds which are not 800mhz. He did also say that they are on an LTR system but could not say which one. The Kenwood TK-2180 is not an 800mhz radio. He even scanned it for me and it picked BPD and the NOAA Transmitter there in Bartlesville. That is all I can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.