Writing codeplug to radio reverts Record to SD card off

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I have been dealing with this problem since I owned this SDS100 and have not found a solution. Lets say I make some modifications to my Favorites or whatever on the computer using Sentinel, and then write the new codeplug to the radio. I always have my "Record to SD card" function operating. Once I write to the radio, I have to re initiate the record function because it doesn't save it. It stinks because sometimes I forget to do it and I therefore didn't record anything until I remember to reset it on. Even if I read the radio first with the radio record enabled and write the same codeplug right back into the radio, it does not hold the function in the profile. What could be the solution?
Bob

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I think you are just going to have to remember....

The only recording setting that I know of is the replay duration setting....

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Yes, just to clarify as Bud says, it is not the replay function that I am talking about. It the actual mode where everything is recorded onto the SD card. Keyboard entry: Function---Replay---Enter for Yes
But yes I don't think there is any way to save this setting after writing the codeplug. It does remain unchanged after power cycles, however, which is a good thing. There needs to be a place in the profile config where you can select this feature so it resends it to the radio. But the way it has looked, there won't be any updates any time soon for firmware or Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.