TRX-2: Wrong DMR slot appears to display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

All
I have a local DMR hotspot I use here on 437.000 Mhz slot 2 where I monitor the various amateur DMR TGs around the world and locally. Currently listening to TAC 310.

Here is what I'm seeing:
My hotspot interface displays the broadcast is on slot 2 however, my TRX-2, which I programmed 437.0 as Conventional DMR and left it to "search" slot and cc shows me slot 1.

Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Could it be showing the TG 310's Time Slot by chance.

For TG 310 the time slot is 1 not 2. I would think regardless of what your hotspot is on it will read the time slot of the voice traffic coming across. I know I program in DMR freqs and it reads the ts of the voice traffic coming across.

I may be wrong though.

racingfan360

Is the channel you quote a Repeater (Downlink) frequency, an Uplink frequency to the repeater or direct mode (simplex)?

racingfan360

That's what I thought you'd say.... AFAIK simplex DMR doesn't recognise time slots, as there's nothing to sync timeslots with in direct mode in the DMR protocol. That's why youre seeing what you do: it's neither right nor wrong. Later model MotoTRBO radios have a dual capacity direct mode that can use two slots in simplex. I believe its a Motorola proprietary feature though.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
It appears this is an issue; I have a local repeater that I maintain and I've noticed today myself that the scanner is reporting the time slots incorrectly. I am clearly sending traffic ONLY on time slot 2 and several Motorola, Hytera, and Kenwood radios agree that time slot 2 is where the traffic is as does a several Uniden scanners and DSD-Plus as well; however, the Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2 are reporting the traffic on time slot 1. I'm not clear on the process to report this to Whistler, but there is clearly an issue here with time slots reporting incorrectly. For what it's worth, I am also running the latest firmware both the TRX-1 and TRX-2 scanners as of 03/20/2018.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I see they have a process for bug reports in another post, so In have submitted this to Whistler for review:

It appears that the TRX-1, running CPU version: 5.7 and DSP version 3.1 is having issues reporting the correct time slot information in DMR mode. I own two DMR conventional repeaters and I am only sending traffic on time slot 2; however, the Whistler TRX-1 scanners (I’ve tested three different units) are always reporting my traffic on time slot 1. This is strange to me as I have several Motorola, Hytera, and Kenwood DMR radios which are all setup for time slot 2 and they are receiving the traffic correctly on time slot 2; which is where the traffic really is.

Additionally, I tried programming a conventional channel setup as time slot 2 and it will no decode unless I set it to “ANY” as the time slot; which, as noted above caused the radio to show the traffic as time slot 1. This same issue is also present on the TRX-2 as well with CPU version 4.8 and DSP version 3.1 as well.

It appears this is an issue; I have a local repeater that I maintain and I've noticed today myself that the scanner is reporting the time slots incorrectly. I am clearly sending traffic ONLY on time slot 2 and several Motorola, Hytera, and Kenwood radios agree that time slot 2 is where the traffic is as does a several Uniden scanners and DSD-Plus as well; however, the Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2 are reporting the traffic on time slot 1. I'm not clear on the process to report this to Whistler, but there is clearly an issue here with time slots reporting incorrectly. For what it's worth, I am also running the latest firmware both the TRX-1 and TRX-2 scanners as of 03/20/2018.

racingfan360

I am clearly sending traffic ONLY on time slot 2 and several Motorola, Hytera, and Kenwood radios agree that time slot 2 is where the traffic is as does a several Uniden scanners and DSD-Plus as well; .

Again, just to check, are you monitoring the uplink channel or the downlink/repeater channel? I didn't think that DSD+ decoded the timeslot for uplink channels, but you might be running a public release version before this was corrected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.