WS-1065 power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcare38

I recently bought a WS-1065. When I unpacked it, set it up & tried powering it on, I got nothing. I verified the outlet was working & also tried a different power cord with no success. Is there something else I need to do before the scanner will power up?

Redneck0410

I recently bought a WS-1065. When I unpacked it, set it up & tried powering it on, I got nothing. I verified the outlet was working & also tried a different power cord with no success. Is there something else I need to do before the scanner will power up?
Sounds like you got a dead unit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ScannerSK

No, it sounds like you checked the basics. You might just verify with a volt meter there is voltage at the end of the adapter plug (+14 VDC in the center or higher as the power supply is unregulated).

I don't recall seeing a fuse inside when I have had my unit open however there might be one in there. It could be the power switch acting up as well.

You might try holding down a button as you turn it on like the 0 or PROG just to see if that makes any difference.

Shawn

DJ11DLN

Step one, get or borrow a voltmeter and check across the power plug. It should read in the 12-15 VDC range, with the center pin positive. If it does, the scanner has a problem and you should contact Whistler about sending it back for replacement. You shouldn't have to hold down a button or perform any other histrionics to get the scanner to simply power on...it should have been shipped in a condition to at least power up, even with no programming in it, and AFAIK they still come with "default systems" programmed in. So it ought to turn on and appear to scan, even if you don't ever hear anything.

If there's no or invalid voltage at the plug, and if you have a known good power source providing 12-15 VDC, you can use the mobile power cord to verify that the scanner will power on. If it does, it will be much simpler to return just the power supply to Whistler...but contact them first, as they may even just send you a new one and direct you to pitch the bad one with no need for you to pack it up and send it back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.