WS 1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurdiegirl

Premium Subscriber
Brand new box plug in the cable to my windows 10 home new computer it is not recognizing my cable when using the win500 premium subscription? Tried downloading the driver it says nothing works! Three days of hair pulling Birthday gift from my hubby he feels aweful please someone help me get this working! Please please

tvengr

Well Known Member
Go to the Device Manager. Plug your cable into the computer. Ports (COM & LPT) should appear. Open up Ports by clicking on the small arrow to the left. USB Serial Port (COM#) should appear. Right click on that and click on Update driver.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
USB drivers should always be installed prior to connecting the device. Otherwise Windows makes a poor attempt to guess and usually installs the wrong driver.

Gurdiegirl

Premium Subscriber
It’s
Go to the Device Manager. Plug your cable into the computer. Ports (COM & LPT) should appear. Open up Ports by clicking on the small arrow to the left. USB Serial Port (COM#) should appear. Right click on that and click on Update driver.
says the best driver already installed but yet when I go to upload from win 500 to my whistler 1065 it gives me a Ftdi driver error gives me a sight to download the newest and I do that still nothing

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It’s

says the best driver already installed but yet when I go to upload from win 500 to my whistler 1065 it gives me a Ftdi driver error gives me a sight to download the newest and I do that still nothing

That's Microsoft's Window's opinion, nothing more, because they don't know. Are you using the newest version of the FTDI driver?

Last edited:

Gurdiegirl

Premium Subscriber
That's Microsoft's Window's opinion, nothing more, because they don't know. Are you using the newest version of the FTDI driver?

I went to a different program and changed the port manually, I searched the main feed for my county found it transferred it, seamed to have transferred, so now I just have to figure out how to find it in my scanner and load it lol I need a cold one!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the link to the program to install the FTDI VCP driver. Click on Drivers. Click on VCP Drivers. For the Windows Operating System, click on SETUP EXECUTABLE at the right side of the row. Extract the zipped file and run. FTDI Chip Home Page

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
For some reason, I am getting an error when I try to run it. I am going to have to check if my Radio Shack cables still work. I already have the driver installed for those cables.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try running without extracting first. There is an extractor in the installer of the program. I found instructions saying that you may have to run it as administrator. You can view an installation guide at the right side of the Windows row right by the setup executable link.

Last edited:

nationalwheel

Premium Subscriber
Having the same issue with a ws1040, trying to upload keeps telling me I need a ftdi driver. I've downloaded and installed it but updating does nothing. Some kind of Cypress driver running it now. I don't know the location of the installed driver, didn't tell me during install. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark

nationalwheel

Premium Subscriber
I got it to work, not quite sure exactly how. I reinstalled the drivers, restarted the computer. Refired up win500, hooked up cable, hit upload to scanner and got a new message. It tells me I don't have a com port 9. I knew it was on com port 6 from before so I started clicking through the tabs on win500, looking for info came across one that said com port 6 so I clicked ok. Now it works. Weird to say the least.

nationalwheel

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, weird. Spent about 2 hours trying to upload stuff tonight, couldn't get it going. Same message, can't load ftdi drivers. tried pasting the extracted location into update driver search, no good. No clue here, gotta be something simple. Haven't found it yet.

TAbirdman

Does the USB cable have a colored dot on the box in the cable? If so, there should have been a large bright yellow insert instructing you on how to properly set up Win500 or PSRedit500 programs to use this cable.

nationalwheel

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have that card. I downloaded the ftdi drivers for win7x64. In device manager it shows com port 6, I think usb shows a serial and composite adapters. The name Cypress is in there on some.
The 1st time I tried I received a ftdi drivers not loading message. However I did manage to get one scan list uploaded eventually after a couple hrs of trying different things. Like my other post said I don't know what I did. Last night I'm thinking ok no issues with loading three or four lists, no good. Same message about drivers not loading. Shelved it for the night. I'm thinking I have used ftdi drivers for something a long time ago, no issues then. I'll give a go tonight. Thanks for your response.

nationalwheel

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I figured it out. I was using the wrong win program. I must have loaded the correct one at least one time because I did upload some conventional stuff to scan list 1. However I decided to try the psredit program, I'm having pretty good results with the trunked stuff however I do have an issue trying to import conventional data, there is no way to get out of the window where you select your frequencies. I have to use task manager end program. I do not see any import button as in trunked import. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.